Corsair Community

Firmware update fails....every. single. time!!!

essex723

So I was notified by iCue that my K70 Mk2 has a firmware update.   Ok, no problem....I clicked update.

It gets to 3% and fails the update, and then my keyboard is no longer even showing on my iCue dashboard at all, and is now stuck in rainbow RGB which I absolutely HATE (on top of the fact that it literally gives me a headache because of the color changes like that)!

I have done all the steps I see recommended online repeatedly....plugging into a USB 2.0 port, tried lowering the polling rate but there is no switch on the keyboard to do so with, tried forcing the server update, booting into safe mode, uninstalled/reinstalled iCue versions 3 and 4 almost 20 times EACH....NOTHING ISA WORKING!!!    I submitted a ticket for this and have yet to hear anything back from Corsair support after almost a week!!

Almost about to go buy a Logitech now because of this.

• Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear that you haven't received a response in that long, we took a look at your account and can only find a contact from yesterday. What was the ticket number for the one that hasn't been responded to in a week?

Well aren't I a smart lad...I think I accidentally deleted it when I did some inbox cleaning over the weekend.  Probably accidentally lumped it in with the emails I got from Cablemod.  😞

Not being able to find my original ticket not-withstanding....what could a possible remedy for this be?

• Corsair Employees

Our support system doesn't allow for the deletion of tickets and would still show up in your account information, so perhaps you utilized a different email?

Anyway make sure you are closing all third-party software running in the back especially other RGB controlling software, anti-virus, firewall, VPNs, etc... Also make sure you are plugging the keyboard into USB ports on the physical motherboard and not utilizing any sort of USB hub/switch. If those basic steps don't work you will need to wait for our support team to get back to you in your ticket for further troubleshooting help.

5 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Our support system doesn't allow for the deletion of tickets and would still show up in your account information, so perhaps you utilized a different email?

Anyway make sure you are closing all third-party software running in the back especially other RGB controlling software, anti-virus, firewall, VPNs, etc... Also make sure you are plugging the keyboard into USB ports on the physical motherboard and not utilizing any sort of USB hub/switch. If those basic steps don't work you will need to wait for our support team to get back to you in your ticket for further troubleshooting help.

I've done all of that...the keyboard is plugged directly into the motherboard, I turned off ALL other programs and apps of any kind so that only iCue is running and still get no joy. 

Well....they gave me a list to do:

Clean Install iCUE4:

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.
  2. Open the Programs and Features options.
  3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
  5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
  6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
  8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
  11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
  12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  14. Restart your computer.
  15. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

And it STILL didn't update the firmware.  :(