Corsair Community

ASUS Hero Maximus VIII RAM compatibility

cdnpatriot2021

I used the tool to find compatible RAM for my Asus Hero VIII Maximus motherboard.  I wish to replace my current RAM as I suspect there is an issue with it.  Is this RAM backwards compatible?  The inel chipset is Z170.  I'm surprised that a number of Corsair RAM is but not the one I want to buy which is this one:

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 - Newegg.ca

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

Please be very very carefully when you buy RAM from Corsair store, and do not trust on their research filter at all. Look at QVL list of your motherboard.

6 minutes ago, sfasciacarene said:

Please be very very carefully when you buy RAM from Corsair store, and do not trust on their research filter at all. Look at QVL list of your motherboard.

Thank you, the QVC list is very dated and only lists old RAM.  If I swap the ram and I still have problems then I at least will have RAM I can use for a new power system.

Newegg and partspicker says it's compatible but Corsair doesn't list it.

Edited by cdnpatriot2021

I would be slightly cautious about any 2x16 kit on Z170.  That was still early days of DDR4 and 16GB modules were not too common.  It also means you may not see much in the way 16GB modules on the QVL because the MB makers run a test series or two and then stop.  Most do not keep it current going forward.  Also, Z170 was very picky about IO/SA voltage and that could make using 16GB modules tricky.  

Edited by c-attack