Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso SE "Critical low" battery

Well recently I bought the corsair virtuoso SE and they worked well until recently that has begun to show in the icue that the battery level is always in "critical low" but lasts as long as I lasted before the battery, then when I finish the charge and appears with the charge completely full but soon returns to "critical low". Any solution?

ICUE version : 4.15.153

Wireless receiver : 0.16.80

Corsair Virtuoso : 0.17.149

• Corsair Employees

Hi Scandrial,

We're sorry for your experience with our product, first off.

Try soft resetting the headset by holding down the mute button for ~15 seconds while the headset is still on. It should shut off on it's own when done correctly. This disconnects the battery, and reconnects it, which often can help with battery life issues. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, im having the very same issue with the "battery" status... even when the device has been charging the whole night it automatically shows Critical battery level remaining. ive tried the soft reset and it still does the same thing...

by the way the battery seems to be completely fine since it lasts all day without needing to charge again

ICue.png

Edited by tincho004

• Corsair Employees

Hi,

You shouldn't be charging the battery overnight, it only takes about 3-5 hours for a full charge. You could be damaging the headset.

Also, the battery drains if you have the headset plugged into a USB with selective suspend enabled, so if you're charging it on you PC, and you power off that PC, it will look like it is charging. In actuality it is not, and the battery level will stay critical if your USB's don't provide enough voltage to charge the headset on shutdown.

16 hours ago, Corsair Elito said:

Hi,

You shouldn't be charging the battery overnight, it only takes about 3-5 hours for a full charge. You could be damaging the headset.

Also, the battery drains if you have the headset plugged into a USB with selective suspend enabled, so if you're charging it on you PC, and you power off that PC, it will look like it is charging. In actuality it is not, and the battery level will stay critical if your USB's don't provide enough voltage to charge the headset on shutdown.

Well thats exactly what i do, i leave my headset pluged to the frontal USB of my computer and it has the selective suspend disabled dunno if thats wrong too but its what i do every day and again the battery lasts for over 8 hours a day, i use it all day and still dont have to recharge it

• 3 months later...

SAME ISSUE HERE.

Such a shame for this high end headset.

Not to mention the annoy mic feedback that stop working and i have to go manually turn it on on the app everytime.

Also that annoy voice..why can't be swapped with a simple beep sound?

fix this stuff guys

also this app... why is so heavy? its just a headphones... 

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 4/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, MarcSB said:

same issue here. Any solution?

For more immediate assistance, you should create a ticket @ https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...