Corsair Community

HS80 RGB logo lighting issue

Hi All, 

Another issue, at this point I'm starting to think my headsets a dud; 
Anyone else noted the Logos lighting isn't working? 

Whilst trying to work out things with the headset I noted the lighting was both not active, and not responsive to iCUE changes; 

When I say not active its completely blank
I did also force a firmware update to attempt to fix it but alas no solution; 

Anyone else noticed it not working? 

iCUE - v4.15.153 
HS80- v5.6.39

HS80 Wireless Reciever - v5.5.102

Also to note USB mode doesn't change it either, the logos light stays offline unless powering up and down, and on which its solid white or red 

PXL_20210927_133435847.jpg

• Corsair Employees
On 9/27/2021 at 6:36 AM, sambahrij said:

Hi All, 

Another issue, at this point I'm starting to think my headsets a dud; 
Anyone else noted the Logos lighting isn't working? 

Whilst trying to work out things with the headset I noted the lighting was both not active, and not responsive to iCUE changes; 

When I say not active its completely blank
I did also force a firmware update to attempt to fix it but alas no solution; 

Anyone else noticed it not working? 

iCUE - v4.15.153 
HS80- v5.6.39

HS80 Wireless Reciever - v5.5.102

Also to note USB mode doesn't change it either, the logos light stays offline unless powering up and down, and on which its solid white or red 

PXL_20210927_133435847.jpg

Hey there sambahrij, sorry you are still experiencing issues. Since this is a recent release, the headset is still under the 2-year warranty policy so if it needs replacement, we can assist you with that. Please contact support so we can help you further as well.

Best,

Corsair Angie

On 10/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Corsair Angie said:

Hey there sambahrij, sorry you are still experiencing issues. Since this is a recent release, the headset is still under the 2-year warranty policy so if it needs replacement, we can assist you with that. Please contact support so we can help you further as well.

Best,

Corsair Angie

Hi Angie, 

Thank you for getting back to me; 

I spoke with the Support team, they advised me to contact the seller based on my finding's for a replacement under the 30days; Which I have just done so and I'm now testing out to see if there's any repeat issues

Hello - I just got an HS80 and I believe I am having a similar problem. If I turn on the headset while my PC is off, the logo RGB lights turn white when the headset is turned on. But as soon as iCUE loads, they fade to black, and changing lighting settings doesn't have any effect. Everything else seems to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iCue, which didn't help.

Since the lights are on until iCue loads, it seems like this could be a software issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--riney

• 1 month later...

My RGB also does not work properly. I can't even toggle off the lighting zone if I wanted to disable RGB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Since the lighting works outside of iCUE, sounds like there is a setting that is keeping the LED's off in iCUE.  Couple steps you can check:

• Make sure brightness for the HS80 is turned not at the lowest
  • Verify your lighting effect
  • Try creating a new profile
  • Set a scene and see if the color applies

image.png.8601172efbfe6f68346d51f6096552a8.png

image.png.cd334ec6198e970c353eafb6e46f870f.png

image.png.6ac8d15c7a6f27c8d743991e07ef2fb6.png

On 11/30/2021 at 6:19 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Since the lighting works outside of iCUE, sounds like there is a setting that is keeping the LED's off in iCUE.  Couple steps you can check:

image.png.8601172efbfe6f68346d51f6096552a8.png

image.png.cd334ec6198e970c353eafb6e46f870f.png

image.png.6ac8d15c7a6f27c8d743991e07ef2fb6.png

I got the same issue lately even a soft reset didn't work. 

• its 100%
    • image.png.59142bbf215df9427ab8b4b5dd83fc3c.png
    • did that, nothing changed
    • Also a scene doesn't turn on the leds 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Had a response of the corsair support. In my case I had "plugins" and "game integration" active in the settings which prevents the LEDs to work. Strange. But now it works flawlessly when deactivating both.

Edited by Disane

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I was also surprised that all the lighting effects in ICUE work except for the HS 80 RGB, no matter what change I made to the lighting, it had no effect. I installed the Stream Deck plugin/software which can be found in ICUE under Settings -> Software and Games and is linked there. If you block the StreamDeck.exe, the lighting works again and all settings in ICUE on the HS 80 RGB are accepted and work again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so this thread is a bit frustrating since there are many dead ends. Has anyone ended up getting their headset RGBs working, and if so how?

@sambahrij, did you end up returning the headset, and if so was the issue solved after you received a new one?

My issue is the same as everyone else's here but that the "Logo" option is greyed out and unclickable from within iCue. 

I have disabled both Plugins and game integration like @Disane advised, no effect.

@Pulsartorte, Unfortunately that solve won't work for me as I don't have Streamdeck installed. I wish I knew more about this issue because I have no idea from a developer's point of view what could be disabling the RGBs like this and why it has anything to do with outside software or plugins. 

@Corsair Nick, Since this obviously isn't just a one off issue, please, I want you to be as helpful as possible, is there or is there not a fix coming for this, is your team aware of this issue, OR is there an official workaround?

Edited by trebory6
Added to a sentence

• Corsair Employees

Have you tried performing a clean installation of iCUE?  The article below will go through all the steps to performing a clean install.  Be sure to backup any profiles before going through the steps so that you don't lose them.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Which version of iCUE do you have installed?  And which firmware?  you can check these under the setting (cog wheel) button in the upper right corner.

• 2 weeks later...