Corsair Community

HS80 USB wired mode Issue

sambahrij

Hey All; 
SO I was testing out the HS80 today, and I noticed a small issue; 
The usb port on the headset seems to be very slightly loose, when I placed the headset down I noticed the headset started reconnecting to the USB and doing the "mic off feedback off" as tho the headset was just plugged in, I then noted that the connection to the headset itself seemed to wiggle (*its fully connected into the USB port on the headset but it can wiggle in the port) 
Doing so then causes the headset to become robotic and thus the only way to fix that is unplug and replug

Anyone else noting this issue? as I had the robotic issue from wearing the headset in wire'd mode and it suddenly becoming robotic in normal use; 
I'll assume its a possible warranty issue

So I've tested with both a Usb C-C cable and the Corsair USB c - type a 
It seems the connection to the headset itself can wiggle if the cable is bumped; I think the internal USB port on the headset is causing an issue when this happens, as if bumped ie taking the headset off it will cause a connection issue; or if the cable itself is pushed from the back or front of the cable it will cause robotic or complete disconnection; Which in simple use thats rather annoying as if anything you can't say move your head around or let the cable move to greatly without this issue happening; 
Feel free to test at home, to test make sure you've got the corsair control panel open, then grab the cable and just pull it towards the mic and back to the rear; in a moment you'll notice the headset will completely disconnect or do the robot - My theory is this could be a design fault as the port isn't deep enough into the headset
Hopefully not in which case mine might be a dud!

Edited by sambahrij
theory update

First of all, I don't have the same problem as yours but I've tested mine just now and my issue is different. I turned off the headset and connect it with the USB cable to my pc as wired Headset (as per the headset manual), the mic did go "mic on feedback on" as u lower the mic. However the mic did not record any voice at all. The mic works just fine in wireless mode as well as when charging it with the cable at the same time.

I have already submit a ticket to the tech support and awaiting for their reply. Can you please test your headset as per above as I just want to confirm if it just mine or common issue with the headset/software.

iCUe and Sound driver has already been uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest driver. Restart the PC but same problem still exist. 

8 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

Are you guys using the USB-C charging cable that came with the HS80? Because not all USB-C cables fit the USB-C port on the HS80, not even my Virtuoso charging cable does. Only use the cable that came with the Headset if you haven't done already.

Hey man, 

Yepo using the USB-C cable from corsair, mine fits but as I said it also seems to be the USB port thats moving  so for mine it seems to be a defective unit; 
Contacted corsair they said to seek a replacement from the seller

On 9/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, kuihKOCI said:

First of all, I don't have the same problem as yours but I've tested mine just now and my issue is different. I turned off the headset and connect it with the USB cable to my pc as wired Headset (as per the headset manual), the mic did go "mic on feedback on" as u lower the mic. However the mic did not record any voice at all. The mic works just fine in wireless mode as well as when charging it with the cable at the same time.

I have already submit a ticket to the tech support and awaiting for their reply. Can you please test your headset as per above as I just want to confirm if it just mine or common issue with the headset/software.

iCUe and Sound driver has already been uninstalled and reinstalled with the latest driver. Restart the PC but same problem still exist. 

I tested this out mine works, tho I did note my mic volume was ducked in windows and in icue to 0 and the icue I can't move the mic vol but in windows I  can which fixed my no sound issue on the mic; 

but I have more issues with bumping the cable as I wear it causing the headset to disconnect or "be loose" in the socket

14 hours ago, sambahrij said:

I tested this out mine works, tho I did note my mic volume was ducked in windows and in icue to 0 and the icue I can't move the mic vol but in windows I  can which fixed my no sound issue on the mic; 

but I have more issues with bumping the cable as I wear it causing the headset to disconnect or "be loose" in the socket

I found my fix. It seems to be caused by the windows/software processes that I'm on such as Teamspeak, iCue, Dolby Atmos. I followed this youtube guide (https://youtu.be/Ix3VvzeqVig) and play around with it. Mic issue is also resolved. 

Also, the robotic or sound distortion did occur when I start playing Rainbow Six Siege. I resolved it by turning off/on the Dolby Atmos software.

ICUE Software sometimes does act a little bit funny. This time, the "mic on, mic feedback on"  sound suddenly disappeared when connected as a wired headset. I did a quick fix for this by flipping off/on voice prompt option in ICUE. 

On 10/2/2021 at 3:21 AM, kuihKOCI said:

I found my fix. It seems to be caused by the windows/software processes that I'm on such as Teamspeak, iCue, Dolby Atmos. I followed this youtube guide (https://youtu.be/Ix3VvzeqVig) and play around with it. Mic issue is also resolved. 

Also, the robotic or sound distortion did occur when I start playing Rainbow Six Siege. I resolved it by turning off/on the Dolby Atmos software.

ICUE Software sometimes does act a little bit funny. This time, the "mic on, mic feedback on"  sound suddenly disappeared when connected as a wired headset. I did a quick fix for this by flipping off/on voice prompt option in ICUE. 

I'm unsure if we are having the same issue? 

My issue was when the usb port plugged in when in wired mode was bumped the headset would completely disconnect; Corsair did confirm it was a fault in the product and advised an RMA; 
I've just gotten the replacement so I'll be testing it for the same issue; 

Sorry if I sound gruff, I was woken up for the delivery this morning at 7am 😛

• 9 months later...
On 10/6/2021 at 3:24 PM, sambahrij said:

I'm unsure if we are having the same issue? 

My issue was when the usb port plugged in when in wired mode was bumped the headset would completely disconnect; Corsair did confirm it was a fault in the product and advised an RMA; 
I've just gotten the replacement so I'll be testing it for the same issue; 

Sorry if I sound gruff, I was woken up for the delivery this morning at 7am 😛

Did the new unit fix your issue? I am having the exact same problem on a brand new one

• 5 weeks later...

This is still an issue with this headset. I just returned mine after getting annoyed. It's not like I'm moving a lot while gaming, but all it took was a shoulder shift to knock them out and cause a loose connection. It's actually quite a good sounding headset, but the connection dropping is a dealbreaker for me. If there was a clasp or something to hold the cable in, I might revisit these.