Corsair Community

iCUE Can't detect 1 of 4 RAM Sticks

I just recently completed a new PC build with a Gigabyte X570S Aero MB and four 8GB sticks of Dominator Platinum RAM.  When setting up iCUE it only detects 3 of the 4 sticks, and the iCUE software shows that it is the slot second to the right of the CPU that is missing.  The actual stick that isn't working is actually the third slot from the CPU.  I swapped sticks and it was still the 3rd slot that isn't detected by iCUE.  The RAM itself is all working, and shows in BIOS and Windows, only iCUE seems to not be able to recognize it. I also updated the MB BIOS to the most recent version.  iCUE is showing all software and firmware is up to date.

Any help or suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out SignalRGB which is a third party RGB management solution, and I saw it also only could detect 3 of the RAM sticks.  I figure this must be an issue with the motherboard BIOS, so I placed a ticket with Gigabyte.  I will post again if I learn anything more from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, didn't think to look into this of course but now that I have the Gigabyte X570s Aero G, I am having the exact same issue.

3rd slot from the CPU is doing it's own thing and isn't detected within ICUE. Funny thing is, within ICUE, it suggests that it's the 2nd DIMM slot from the CPU that isn't being detected but it looks like it's actually the 3rd slot from the CPU.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a timely resolution from Gigabyte.

ICUE - Gigabyte Issue.png

This is the response I got from my Gigabyte ticket:

Dear Customer,

Our RGB fusion is based on the library that Corsair provided
When you install and run the iCUe software, is it able to register all 4 modules on their software or only 3 as well?
If their software is only able to detect 3 modules, please check with Corsair directly.

Thank you

I submitted the link to this thread for them and answered their question back to me, and added that I tried Signal RGB as well with the same problem.

Edited by iMaximusrex

4 hours ago, Modeloman225 said:

I am so glad I found this post.. I have been struggling with this and I thought I screwed something up. I have the aero g and dominator platinum. I'm glad my motherboard recognizes it atleast so i can get full use of it but I hope they fix the issue with the rgb.

Hopefully one side will stop pointing fingers and reach out to the other to find a solution, but it is a bit reassuring to know it is a common problem, hopefully a BIOS patch can fix it.

I received a second reply form Gigabyte, and they wanted me to RMA the Motherboard.  I don't really want to do this because it is my main rig and I don't really have a good alternative, and I have a custom water cooling loop, and it would be a royal pain to extract the board at this point.  I would encourage others who are having this problem to place tickets as well at https://esupport.gigabyte.com/.

It would be awesome if Corsair would try to reach out to Gigabyte and address this.

Edited by iMaximusrex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am getting this exact same issue with DIMM slot B1 (3rd on the right - icue showing second from left). I have also just logged a ticket with gigabyte.  I have the Gigabyte X570s Aero Rev1.0 with Bios F1 but it wont even let me update the bios using the App Centre and @Bios.  It wont update from an online server and it wont update when i point it at the file.  It just fails.  I havent tried the Qflash yet.  Im guessing the RGB hasnt been addressed yet.  Its so annoying as its the last thing i need to finish the look of my rig. 

IcueScreenshot.png

Gigabyte support are now saying it's a known issue and to get in touch with the reseller and indicate the issue to arrange a repair.  I have only just built this pc and do not want to do this as I don't think it's hardware related.  Anyone had any further updates? Also could you guys tell me how you programmed the hardware so that I can set the colour scheme and just swap the sticks around?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, ck1ng said:

Gigabyte support are now saying it's a known issue and to get in touch with the reseller and indicate the issue to arrange a repair.  I have only just built this pc and do not want to do this as I don't think it's hardware related.  Anyone had any further updates? Also could you guys tell me how you programmed the hardware so that I can set the colour scheme and just swap the sticks around?

Thanks.

Glad they are saying it's an issue.  They offered to let me RMA my board, but I'd have to take out my custom water-cooling loop to do so, and I also tend to think it's a software issue since the RAM otherwise works.

To set the RGB on my RAM I used iCUE, selected the RAM, and there is a heading that you have selected in your image in your first post called Hardware Lighting.  When you setup the lighting profile in that section, it uploads it to your other 3 RAM sticks to run.  You can then Shut Down your PC, and swap one of the RAM sticks that is working with the one that isn't, and it will maintain the Hardware setting. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 1:49 AM, peeweenl said:

Yesterday finished my new build and also have the same problem, Gigabyte x570s aero g mobo with white vengeance rgb pro

is there already a working solution for this?

None that I am aware of.

• Corsair Employees

If you can't contact me through here you can make a ticket and provide a Corsair report.  Please request the ticket gets forwarded to "Fer" or post your ticket number here and I will grab the information from the ticket.