Corsair Community

RAM Speeds + Mobo compatibility

jobrien94

436529206_PCSpecs.thumb.PNG.dcf22e092416e5287b78dc2449a3a8b2.PNG

Few questions 🙂

Originally purchased 2x 8GB modules of this RAM -> https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW16GX4M2K4000C19#tab-tech-specs ......... was able to run these stable at 4000MHz with 2000MHz FCLK. Purchased another 2 modules of the above as certain games were hitting near 16GB especially when using RamCache. Unfortunately my mobo cant handle 4x8GB at 4000MHz, system will crash above 3800MHz and setting FCLK above 1800MHz prevents the system from posting and requires a CMOS jump, so I set these to 3600MHz with 1800 FCLK. Turns out 2 of these modules are Samsung and 2 are Micron. Is there any meaningful difference between these modules and any difference to the Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8GB C19 kit? Considering upgrading my mobo to something that can handle the full RAM speed, was looking at this... https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-dark-hero-model/. My concern is the memory support lists only CMK32GX4M4K4000C19(Ver4.31) and CMR16GX4M2F4000C19. Dont want to take the risk of purchasing a new mobo when my current memory isnt listed. Anyone know of any mobos that state compatibility with my RAM at 4000MHz and 2000MHz FCLK? Thanks

You may want to skim this thread from a user with a similar issue, also using two different kits.  In that case the actual specifications were identical.  I am not sure if they are for you and that may be tied the end result.  There also is a secondary discussion to be had as to whether there is any value for you to make a hardware change attempting to move from 3600 to 4000 on an AMD board.  I am not using that hardware and can't compare, but trying to used a mixed kit for 4000 MHz might be tough on Intel as well.  

Edited by c-attack