Corsair Community

Dominator Platinum RGB issue...

Mahfuzur Rahman

I directly updated to icue 4.x from icue 3.x without fresh install.At that time i did not face any issue regarding rgb.But after updating to icue 4.14.179,i faced some wired issue.

I have (4x8) 3200mhz dominator rgb ram stick.i only use hardware lighting and use rain effect.Normally when after booting up pc and when dekstop is ready as well as icue is ready in the backround the led of the ram supposed to be turn off because i set the rgb off of the ram.But recently the led of the ram not turning off when icue is ready in the backround.Interestingly not all the 4 sticks behave like this at the same time.Sometime 1 stick or sometimes 3 sticks or sometime 2 sticks of rams led not turning off.

I already reinstall icue and yesterday updated to icue 4.15.153 but still face the same issue.

Is it software bugs or something else ? 😪😪😪20210901_190015.thumb.jpg.5979a84b057b833c3c595e7e5c59ae80.jpg

Note : i have only icue and nzxt cam software on Pc. Red arrow mark indicated the stuck led on the ram.

I have noted this for select effects for a couple versions. The next “wave” of color releases it and the stuck LEDs vary. It’s also not on every pass. 

If you are using Rain as a HW lighting effect but prefer the RAM lighting off in your software profile, try setting a static black lighting effect in the software profile instead of leaving it blank. If you load up CUE and some of the LEDs stick, you should be able to toggle the static black layer off/on to reset the LEDs. If you are using another repeating color pattern with spaces (waves, ripples, etc) the next pass should release it. 

So is it software issue or hardware issue ?

How to fix the issue permenently ?

@Rubik2022my problem is not about the led color.....issue is led light up even when i set the light off...

I believe it to be a software issue since it only surfaces with specific pattern and it’s not the same LED each time. There is a different Dominator discussion about “stuck LEDs” where the same LED is permanently frozen and does not respond. If your issue is similar to mine, then the stuck LED changes, and it varies from pass to pass. Try setting your RAM to color wave in software mode (vertical or horizontal) and note how the LEDs stick. It can be the whole module or just the last LED depending on pattern. 

This also surfaced for me around 4.14. However, it may be worthwhile to reach out to Corsair Support and raise the issue, for problem identification or replacement if necessary. 

@c-attack which means u also faced the same issue like mine since 4.14 ? The problem is occur on some specefic effect like rain or rainbow etc.

I thought the issue will solve after updating 4.15 but still face the issue .

I guess it is software issue because it randomly occur,not all the time.

Edited by Mahfuzur Rahman

Yes, I first noticed the issue on 4.14.  Early on I saw it most frequently on custom ripples or waves at slow speeds (below 6 LEDs/second).  On 4.15 it happens on presets like color wave.  Since the next pass resets the stuck LED(s), its not something you see on full coverage dynamic effects like spiral rainbow.  I will try testing regular rainbow, but so far I have only seen it on effects that have an off cycle (space) programmed into the effect.  So that's things like rain, stack, ripple or custom wave, and possibly inside/out.  The frequency varies with effect.  Generally not more than 30% of the passes, but a real slow ripple may be more.  

@c-attackso itz software issue ?

Did u contact with corsair for this issue ? 

Corsair should response about this issue....

Edited by Mahfuzur Rahman

You should follow up with Corsair Support.  At a minimum, it lets them know how many cases are out there.  

@c-attacksure,but if u know something about it plz inform me here....

On 9/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, Mahfuzur Rahman said:

So is it software issue or hardware issue ?

How to fix the issue permenently ?

I think it's a software issue. It has happened to me in the past. I don't know how it was fixed, just went away. Have you tried powering down and unplugging all memory sticks or force a firmware update.

@Twalkeri already force update the ram firmware but did not unplug the ram stick.

I also think its a software issue but don't know when it will be fixed....