Corsair Community

Asus Plugin issues

Shadowmaker

My idea of creating this topic is to give a little more visibility to the conversation here:

So here's is the thing:

BEHAVIOR:

Custom profiles associated to an app works as intended, however, when you close the app associated to the profile and the default profile kicks in, the Asus devices stuck with the color theme of the last used profile.

EVIDENCES:

ICUE:

After checking the iCUE Log files (C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair\CUE4\logs) i found out that when the lights stay lock in the ASUS components, this entry start to pop up a lot:

2021-09-22 16:29:47.495 C cue.plugin: Cannot call: "setLedsColors" "ASUS/asus_plugin.dll"

and this 2 very occasionally:

2021-09-22 16:29:47.571 W cue.lightings.profile_source: Not supported basic effect: 2
2021-09-22 16:29:47.572 W cue.profiles.mic_prop_sync: Cached sidetone is Unknown

ARMORY CRATE:

While the issue is occuring, in the Armory Crate - Aura Sync - Aura Effects is showing this:

image.png.644c316a78dae98415ff17980e453edc.png

WORKAROUND:

* Close iCUE

* Restart LightingService Service

* Start iCUE

After that, the error messages stop popping up in the log files and the issue is resolve.

VERSIONS:

Latest version of iCUE (4.15.153)

Latest version of Asus Armory Create (4.2.5.0)

My issue is from the other side. I use armory crate to set all my devices to react to audio. Which worked fine for my vengeance ram until the update after the version I stated. After this version update my ram is only able to do whatever the default is in Icue. No control over it from armory crate. What's worse is after a while the issue actually hangs the Asus stuff and my lights will freeze and move slowly. Problem is instantly cured by downgrading Icue to earlier version. 

Icue is only used for my h150 fan settings etc. 

• Corsair Employees

Hello there, currently control of Corsair Ram within Armory Crate is not working. Asus is aware of the issue and is working on correcting the issue which is on their end after they updated their software.

Also, Aura Sync is no longer supported by Asus, and only the Latest Armory Crate is able to work with iCUE. You also no longer need the Asus Plugin, as it is included with iCUE.

8 minutes ago, Corsair Travis said:

Also, Aura Sync is no longer supported by Asus, and only the Latest Armory Crate is able to work with iCUE. You also no longer need the Asus Plugin, as it is included with iCUE.

Can you clarified this part please!.....

You said that iCUE only works with Armory Crate, but after that you said that the asus plugin is embedded in iCUE, so in my case (the ability to control the lighting in my MOBO and VCARD) i only need iCUE?

Little update here (for the worst)

In the default profile i just configure a Rainbow effect for everything (including the ASUS components) and now, out of nowhere, the ASUS hardware just lock in one color, no profile change, no crash on iCUE or Armory Crate, NOTHING!.. and the message in the log files is the same!

2021-09-28 16:54:48.430 C cue.plugin: Cannot call: "setLedsColors" "ASUS/asus_plugin.dll"

For some reason, iCUE stop communicate randomly with the ASUS Plugin and can't change any color to those components.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:15 PM, Corsair Travis said:

Hello there, currently control of Corsair Ram within Armory Crate is not working. Asus is aware of the issue and is working on correcting the issue which is on their end after they updated their software.

I've asked repeatedly why this is known to be an asus problem when simply rolling ICUE back to v 4.12.214 fixes the problem for ANY version of armory crate?

On 10/2/2021 at 6:43 PM, DOTTAT said:

I've asked repeatedly why this is known to be an asus problem when simply rolling ICUE back to v 4.12.214 fixes the problem for ANY version of armory crate?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that an update/change to iCue is incompatible with/broke something in Armory Crate. Who is at fault is like the age old Chicken/Egg argument.

It Should go without saying that whichever company releases an update first, should send it to the other for testing. Given the number of issues I am certain that's not happening.

Asus and Corsair software updates remind me of when I gave my kids joint chores when they were little. All wanted to be the boss and madness, carnage and bloodshed ensued....

6 hours ago, nECr0mAnCeR said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that an update/change to iCue is incompatible with/broke something in Armory Crate. Who is at fault is like the age old Chicken/Egg argument.

It Should go without saying that whichever company releases an update first, should send it to the other for testing. Given the number of issues I am certain that's not happening.

Asus and Corsair software updates remind me of when I gave my kids joint chores when they were little. All wanted to be the boss and madness, carnage and bloodshed ensued....

thing is... the entire time it was an update to icue that i did on both PC's that broke it.  Immediately downgraded to fix it.  Have updated armory crate and icue ever since hoping a fix would happen... but every single time it's only ICUE that I have to downgrade.  Armory crate has zero issues being updated.