Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR M65 RGB ULTRA Gaming Mice

• Corsair Employees

Hey everyone,

We're excited to present to you TWO ultra-fast, ultra-precise mouse for total control - wired and wireless!

Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Six-axis gyro and accelerometer enables accurate tracking for ultra-low lift-off distance and custom actions such as reloading or switching weapons with a simple tilt of the mouse.
• Combined with SLIPSTREAM WIRELESS' sub-1ms wireless transmission speeds and 2,000Hz (ULTRA WIRELESS)/8,000Hz (ULTRA) hyper-polling, your movements and clicks register up to eight times as fast.
• Equipped with optical OMRON switches and CORSAIR QUICKSTRIKE buttons, your clicks, shots, and spells are delivered with hyper-speed and precision.
• Tunable weight system of 97g-115g (ULTRA)/110-128g (ULTRA WIRELESS), allowing weight adjustment to your preference

Click the following for more information: M65 RGB ULTRAM65 RGB ULTRA WIRELESS. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What is the M65 RGB ULTRA WIRELESS' battery life?
A: The M65 RGB ULTRA WIRELESS provides up to 120 hours of battery life.

Q: What's so special about the optical switches vs. mechanical switches?
A: The optical switches eliminate switch bounce entirely and allow instant registration of button presses after resetting - in other words, quicker simultaneous clicks since there's no longer switch bounce. Optical switches also have improved durability! You can read more about optical switch benefits for gaming mice on our blog.

Q: Are these mice compatible with NVIDIA Reflex?
A: Yes, our M65 RGB ULTRA mice are compatible with NVIDIA reflex. You can learn more about NVIDIA Reflex on our blog.

What do you guys think about our M65 revamp? We're curious to hear your thoughts!

M65_Wired_OpticalSwitch.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yay for a wireless version of the M65. It should make a fine replacement for my ageing [product of another manufacturer].

There's one thing I don't get about the design of this (and indeed of all your dual-connection wireless mice) - why is the switch to select between bluetooth and 2.4GHz wireless hidden away under the mouse?

I don't know what kind of usage you envisioned when designing this mouse. I don't know how anyone else uses a dual-wireless mouse. I use these things to drive two different computers and I'm switching back and forth between them a lot. I have a single keystroke to switch between devices on my keyboard. To switch a Corsair mouse from my main work machine (bluetooth) to my other machine (2.4GHz) I have to flip the mouse over and toggle a tiny recessed switch.

Why? Why not a button on top? Why not have the switching of modes a programmable function for any of the buttons? I get having the power on/off function on the bottom. That's done once per session each way. But switching devices (for me) happens a lot.

low lift off, optical switches.. that solves pretty much all the complaints about past models 👍

Lets hope those are rolled off to all the other models, because those 50million clicks Omron are a nightmare and need to go

And love the additional weights too. A good mouse is a heavy mouse 😛

• Corsair Employees
On 10/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, Mister Dalliard said:

Yay for a wireless version of the M65. It should make a fine replacement for my ageing [product of another manufacturer].

There's one thing I don't get about the design of this (and indeed of all your dual-connection wireless mice) - why is the switch to select between bluetooth and 2.4GHz wireless hidden away under the mouse?

I don't know what kind of usage you envisioned when designing this mouse. I don't know how anyone else uses a dual-wireless mouse. I use these things to drive two different computers and I'm switching back and forth between them a lot. I have a single keystroke to switch between devices on my keyboard. To switch a Corsair mouse from my main work machine (bluetooth) to my other machine (2.4GHz) I have to flip the mouse over and toggle a tiny recessed switch.

Why? Why not a button on top? Why not have the switching of modes a programmable function for any of the buttons? I get having the power on/off function on the bottom. That's done once per session each way. But switching devices (for me) happens a lot.

Having the connection switch located atop or even on the sides of the mouse may result in accidental switching. We'd much rather see our users win during those intense, clutch moments in a ranked game - rather than accidentally disconnect their mouse.

On 10/3/2021 at 3:26 AM, LeDoyen said:

low lift off, optical switches.. that solves pretty much all the complaints about past models 👍

Lets hope those are rolled off to all the other models, because those 50million clicks Omron are a nightmare and need to go

And love the additional weights too. A good mouse is a heavy mouse 😛

Glad to know there are users that still appreciate mice with some weight to them! 🙂

On 10/5/2021 at 8:17 AM, Corsair Albert said:

Having the connection switch located atop or even on the sides of the mouse may result in accidental switching. We'd much rather see our users win during those intense, clutch moments in a ranked game - rather than accidentally disconnect their mouse.

Glad to know there are users that still appreciate mice with some weight to them! 🙂

If it was a toggleable switch rather than another button that wouldn't be a problem. If it was a function that could be assigned to an existing button it could just as easily be un-assigned if it causes problems. And if accidentally hitting the wrong button in those intense moments in a ranked game is a particular problem then there's still all those other buttons they could accidentally hit that would also ruin their game. Having the left button atop the mouse may result in accidental shooting.

Is a more accessible connection switch something that might be considered for a future model?

18 hours ago, Mister Dalliard said:

If it was a toggleable switch rather than another button that wouldn't be a problem. If it was a function that could be assigned to an existing button it could just as easily be un-assigned if it causes problems. And if accidentally hitting the wrong button in those intense moments in a ranked game is a particular problem then there's still all those other buttons they could accidentally hit that would also ruin their game. Having the left button atop the mouse may result in accidental shooting.

Is a more accessible connection switch something that might be considered for a future model?

To be fair, I should add that in all my recent shopping for mice I have only seen one that has high-speed wireless plus bluetooth and a connection switch on top and that particular mouse (from another manufacturer) was wrong for my needs in almost every other way. I am OK with a switch on the bottom but I would be more OK if it was just a power switch on the bottom and a connection switch on the top. None of this will stop me buying a M65 Wireless when they reach the shops at my end of the world. This was just the first time a mouse manufacturer actually asked me what I thought.

Also, yeah... I definitely like a mouse with some weight. Light is good for fast movement for a long time but I like some weight when I'm doing precision work (I use one machine for photography retouching. Multiple buttons and switchable DPI aren't just for running and shooting - they're also great for changing between large area work and pixel-level precision work.)

I don't get it, why would a switch on top to change the connection type be better than somewhere on the bottom? Do you really need to change the connection type on the fly? It would take some space which is totally unnecessary. I hope it stays like it is now.

Edited by Lorenz0
  • Like 1

When working on two PCs at once, as is often the case in home office, it can be useful.. but there are WAY better solutions like the Synergy software to do it seamlessly (keyboard and mouse actually).

On 10/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, Lorenz0 said:

I don't get it, why would a switch on top to change the connection type be better than somewhere on the bottom? Do you really need to change the connection type on the fly?

Yes. Yes I do. Not so much the connection type as the connection itself. Two machines. Two connections.

It would take some space which is totally unnecessary.

The M65 has 2 fewer buttons than the Ironclaw and the right-hand side of both models are completely empty real estate. Plenty of unused space for more.

I hope it stays like it is now.

Good for you.

On 10/7/2021 at 7:13 PM, LeDoyen said:

When working on two PCs at once, as is often the case in home office, it can be useful.. but there are WAY better solutions like the Synergy software to do it seamlessly (keyboard and mouse actually).

I have had bad experiences with Synergy and I already have a keyboard that can switch between multiple bluetooth and wired connections at a keystroke.

i wonder if it was long ago, with synergy 🙂

I started using it almost 2 months ago and found it to work flawlessly. the main PC is on 3 screens, and i sometimes switch from 2 to 3, while synergy is running, switching display layout and goin back to the laptop on screen 1, and never had any hiccup.

But as with all software, there's always peculiarities from pc to pc