Corsair Community

H100i Elite Capellix without Commander CORE?

dpavlick

The AIO pump block itself has two cables: 1) the pump tach cable connects to the CPU header and 2) the 24-pin cable connects to the Commander CORE. I understand that the Commander CORE functions as a USB+LED hub via USB 2.0 connection to the motherboard and additional SATA power. If I'm running my fans from motherboard headers and don't care about the LEDs, can I simply connect the tach cable to the CPU header and call it a day? Does the pump block itself need additional power?

The Commander Core will needs its SATA connector and then all pump power is routed through that special wide connector on the side. Those are the two essentials. It will work without the USB 2.0, but then you won’t be able to address pump lighting, change speed, or get coolant temp data. You probably want that, but not strictly necessary. Same on the cpu fan tach connector. You can hook it up for a boot warning if the pump doesn’t respond on start up, but it is not required for pump operation. You can disable the cpu boot warning in your BIOS or that’s not necessary if there is already a fan there.