Corsair Community

PSU Rm1000X, two different PCIe cable in the box?

Coleman

Hello all

My first post here!

I have a RM1000X PSU and am currently looking for another PCIe cable.

There are 4 in the box, three of them have pin 8 missing on the PSU side, one is fully populated? Why would they be different? 

Also, what type PCIe cables does this PSU use? Type 3 or 4, I know the  desc on the website says type 3 and 4 for PCIe can be used between both but stil?

I have tried to make sense of the pin outs but tested the pin locations on the GPU side against the PSU side the 

Thanks

If there is an edit on here I cannot see it.. But on the PCIe cables it is pin 4 not 8 that is missing from three of the PCIe cables, one cable if fully populated.

So looks like the ones that come with the  RX1000X are type 3 cables if they have pin 4 missing? (must be old stock as was purchased new only a month ago). But as above, why is one cable fully populated?

I have some corsair type 4 cables from another build, where the PCIe has pin 2 missing? Are these cables compatible? The pins on the PSU in relation to the GPU side do not match up between the two cables. 

the EPS12V cable (the one for CPU) has 4x 12V and 4x ground. So it's fully populated. that  one is 4 + 4 pin on the other end, where PCIE is 6 + 2

the PCIE cables have 3x 12V and 5x ground.

One 12V pin is missing from the PCIE cables and one ground is doubled. That's normal 🙂 It doesn't matter what pin is missing if it's at the end of a row or in the middle. On the PSU end, the 4 top pins are connected together internally, and the 4 bottom are common too. 

The RMx uses type 4 cables but only the motherboard 24 pin cable changes between the two types. all the rest is the same pinout between type 3 and 4 (PCIE, EPS12V, Molex, SATA etc..)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

the EPS12V cable (the one for CPU) has 4x 12V and 4x ground. So it's fully populated. that  one is 4 + 4 pin on the other end, where PCIE is 6 + 2

the PCIE cables have 3x 12V and 5x ground.

One 12V pin is missing from the PCIE cables and one ground is doubled. That's normal 🙂 It doesn't matter what pin is missing if it's at the end of a row or in the middle. On the PSU end, the 4 top pins are connected together internally, and the 4 bottom are common too. 

The RMx uses type 4 cables but only the motherboard 24 pin cable changes between the two types. all the rest is the same pinout between type 3 and 4 (PCIE, EPS12V, Molex, SATA etc..)

Hello

Thanks for the response.

I found some pinout diagrams online after I posted and realized the above, one row of 4 ground / 4 12v, the pin config then made sense.  

Same story for the fully populated one being for the CPU after I took another look at my PSU.

Serves me right for jumping the gun, but appreciate the post.

Cheers