Corsair Community

Fan and RGB hub difficulties with iCUE

FretlFam

So I bought the iCUE H100i ELITE CAPPELIX and with it came the RGB fan hub. But when I tried using it, RGB 4 would not work as intended. There was always a white LED that didn't change, but reconnecting the cables and swapping them around gets the LED to function properly. Then I installed iCUE and went to bed. But today when I woke up, the entire fan wouldn't light up. 

For better context, I have 5 fans in a Corsair iCUE 4000x, the before mentioned RGB AIO and the hub and fans that followed with the AIO.

All fans spin, but the RGB hub doesn't funtion with connector 4 and 5, but still on 6 when nothing is in 4. Is it a connection that needs to be bridged through iCUE software or is the hub faulty?

Thanks in advance.

20210919_174852.jpg

20210919_174556.jpg

Edited by FretlFam
Misinterpreted data

Here is an example of swithcing some of the cables, and they all give the same result of 4 and 5 not working.

Edit: So I have found that changing the middle fan to 4 (faulty) and another to 5 (presumed faulty) makes 5 work, and 6 stop working. So now 5 and 6 don't work

It really seems like an iCUE problem.

Edited by FretlFam

It’s most likely a hardware problem with one bad fan. The Commander Core is a little different than the other controllers as it’s not serial, but you will need to run the RGB auto-detect or power cycle the device after swapping headers. Try to narrow it down by swapping to a known working header then run the auto-detect. The stuck LED was the early warning something was wrong. 

After a bit of fidgeting and trying out different scdnarios, I came across an option to fix it. It did require a power cycle as mentioned and other than that iCUE fixed the rest, so now my case looks amazing. Thank you c-attack and thank you Corsair.

16321625381016645730763779897042.jpg