Corsair Community

Dominator Plat RGB with Gigabyte Aero G X570 Mobo problems

I took my fully functioning 32GB 4 dimms out of my NZXT B550 and installed them in my new Gigabyte Aero G this afternoon.

Sadly Dimm 4 is not being seen in iCue, it lights, but I cannot control the RGB lights

I have resorted to a full reinstall of Windows 10 64, sadly to no avail, it reports normal 32GB in system, so the dimm is working fine

I have laso swapped all 4 in all the 4 slots, they all work fine in the working 3 slots

I have also reset all my Corsair products too, but still that one Dimm slot is U/S

I hope it is a software issue, I really don't fancy having to return the motherboard and have to rebuild once again

Any ideas please?

20210918_184951.jpg

20210918_184958.jpg

Capture.PNG

The same thing has happened to me a few times. I’ve had 3 dimms not show up before, but it always went back to normal. I just wish I know what fixed it. One thing you can try if you haven’t is force a firmware update. I really think it’s a software issue and not your mobo. If I can think of anything else I’ll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have since found out that the Gigabyte Aero G doesn't support Corsair RAM. https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/512/partners.html This site shows which RGB RAM (and many other things) are currently compatible. I have since installed Trident Z ram and have had zero issues. So I hate to say it, but it looks like Corsair RGB is a no go for this motherboard at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

I can add something to this thread as I've had exactly the same regarding memory slot three and corsair vengeance.

This has been confirmed as a Corsair issue by Gigabyte as per following thread via Gigabyte support

Hello,

Our team has confirms that the address conflicts. We have contact and ask CORSAIR to modify their software part.

You are requested to raise a support ticket to Corsair and report this issue as well. 

We have escalate this issue to our software team in HQ Taipei and they already contact and work with Corsair to amend their iCue software. Sorry but we do not have a case reference per requested. 

I raised a ticket myself for the issue with icue as it's only Corsair's software which is not seeing slot 3 on the Aero board, the memory is operating fine and other brands of RGB work fine.

So far no response other than thanks for the feedback and icue 4.16.194 does not fix the issue

If more users log the problem with Corsair then more chance of them actually fixing this issue.

1122679749_Screenshot2021-10-29211728.thumb.jpg.baf0d1754355f698bac76a236a9e1861.jpg

Edited by Austin_Yeahbaby
  • Like 1

I returned mine and got the black version which works perfectly

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered this same problem today.  EXACT same scenario.

I'm abandoning my dominator platinum ram in favor of the white patriot viper rgb which I just ordered.

I'm very happy I found this post so I could confirm that my gigabyte x570s aero g motherboard is not defective.  It would certainly be a hassle to return it and swap it out.

Much easier to dump the ram for some stuff that is compatible.  Shame on corsair, I will try to stay away from their products now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem for me. Went for the cleanest whiteout build I could possibly do just to have some ONE mismatch, unadressable, rainbow RGB ruin the whole vibe. A fix would be nice as this issue persists for literally everyone (witht the exception of one or two people) using the mobo. 

FIX_UR_SHIT_GIGABYTE.jpg

Edited by Regive

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As a quick update, I can confirm that gigabyte have issued a 1.1 revision board that apparently fixes this issue.

it was 5 days too late for me as I returned by board for a full refund and replaced with the z690  variant 

Edited by Austin_Yeahbaby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

As was pointed out in the other thread covering this issue it is a design flaw in the board and is not an issue with the iCUE software or DRAM. You will need to reach out to Gigabyte for a solution to the problem.