Corsair Community

CORSAIR Audio Visualizer VS Audio Visualizer

PressureHigh

So I've seen bits and pieces of information on this topic around the forums. But I've yet to see an actual definitive answer on why the difference exists..

What is the reasoning for the difference between the "CORSAIR Audio Visualizer"(CAV) and the standard "Audio Visualizer"(AV) options in iCUE lighting effects?

From the info that I've gathered:

CORSAIR Audio Visualizer requires you to run your sound through the ST100 headset stand. CAV can be displayed by the keyboard (K70 MK.2 SE) and the RAM (Dominator Platinum RGB white/gold).

Audio Visualizer displays your selected audio output's volume level and can be displayed by the fans (QL120) and the Hydro X watercooling equipment through the Commander Pro. 

So the question is, why? Why does the keyboard and RAM absolutely HAVE to go through the headset stand? It doesn't make sense to me as to why they would limit the capabilities like that? Is there some hardware reason? Is that the only way to allow microphone input to the system? If so, could it be made to be an optional setting for people who do not use the microphone input for the lighting? I feel like it makes more sense for the Audio Visualizer setting to cover as much as possible. That's what people are going for when they are using it. There is third party software that already does this kind of thing specifically for iCUE products. Maybe integrate everything, with a "Lighting Link" setting? You can already apply effects that are not on the products lighting list (example: Rain Lighting Link applies to the mousepad and headset stand, and the effect isn't on their respective lists of choices). 

If anyone has a real answer to this, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance :D

My biggest complaint about the situation is, I really don't want flashy lights on when I have headphones on. Headphones are for gaming. When I listen to music, I use real speakers. I own all the correct hardware for CAV, but still can't use it because of the device I choose to listen to music out of.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Heh, when I read "it only works with a corsair headset" my mind went straight to the twilight zone...

So it has the feature, but it only works partialy? LULZ

Corsair, this is 2021 coming up to 2022, the 90's where a long time ago, this is only bad advertising, in case you are wondering why all the rant.

And I only have the K55 Pro, I can only imagine someone buying a more expensive keyboard (like something around the 150$ price tag) just to have that feature locked behind an archaic mind set. Don't even think for a second people will go out and buy a corsair headset just to enable that feature. I'm still awed by this, your marketing isn't doing a good job...

14 hours ago, fRosTySan said:

Heh, when I read "it only works with a corsair headset" my mind went straight to the twilight zone...

So it has the feature, but it only works partialy? LULZ

Corsair, this is 2021 coming up to 2022, the 90's where a long time ago, this is only bad advertising, in case you are wondering why all the rant.

And I only have the K55 Pro, I can only imagine someone buying a more expensive keyboard (like something around the 150$ price tag) just to have that feature locked behind an archaic mind set. Don't even think for a second people will go out and buy a corsair headset just to enable that feature. I'm still awed by this, your marketing isn't doing a good job...

Yeah., i bought the k100, but having audio visualizer locked behind buying corsair headset doesn't make me want to buy a corsair headset

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dig up old thread, but here's the kicker... I've got the Dominator Platinum RAM *and* the Void Pro headset, and the audio visualizer *still* doesn't work. It worked once, only once, and never again. I've foolishly spent multiple hours trying to tweak and troubleshoot, to try and figure out what the magic formula was for that one special day, but it's never worked again.

The crazy thing is that I really don't *care* except that I can't not care because when things don't work I get obsessed with them regardless of how menial. Like...if I ever get it working I'll never use it again, but at least I'll know I beat the machine lol.