Corsair Community

Fan RGB not lighting up in slots 4-6

KKyoji

I have the...Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler and have...Corsair ML120 PRO 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan with Lighting Node 3 Pack. I have purchased TWO of each to verify that it is not due to faulty parts. The issue is when I plug in the 3 case fans in the front to the Corsair iCUE commander core the top radiator fans will light up and spin but the others fail to do so. I can swap the fans and reverse the order and the issue persists so its not a fan issue, but it seems like the channels 4-6 are failing to be picked up on the commander core. I have swapped the commander core with my second one and it still persists. I have changed the fans and it still persists.

I have the...ASUS AMD AM4 ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard. I tried purchasing the NZXT internal USB hub and that didn't seem to work either.

Does anyone have any idea why the fans would fail to light up (they spin)? Would it be a software issue or hardware incompatibility? I can verify the fans work as if I swap the same fans to channels 1-3 they work, however in channels 4-6 they do not light up. Also I have tried this using TWO separate commander cores that have come with the Cooler.

I also have the Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller and NZXT Internal USB Hub 3 - AC-IUSBH-M3-4 Internal USB 2.0 Ports as mentioned previously to try and resolve the issue as well as the Lightning Node (x2) that came with both of my Corsair ML120 PRO 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED PWM Fan 3 packs.

If anyone has an example of how I can setup my system with what I have (or with what I can buy) please let me know. Or if you have any idea why this problem is happening.

Thank you for any assistance.

Edited by KKyoji

Would this work? I copied this from one of the guides. I have 7 fans total. 3x fans with the AIO at the top of the case with 3 fans in the front and one in the back. Again I have 2 or 3 of each component whether it be the commander pro or commander core or lightning node pro or fan usb controller. Or is there a better way of setting up 7 fans?

setupi.png

hey buddy.  yep that would work,,, one of my diagrams.

9 hours ago, Zotty said:

hey buddy.  yep that would work,,, one of my diagrams.

That is what I thought as well but it isn't working sadly. Only fans in slots 1-3 work and the ones in 4-6 do not. They spin but do not light up. I have replaced the Commander Core with a second one and same issue. I have swapped the fans from 4-6 to 1-3 and they work so its not a fan issue.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I read that the iCUE system can have issues on AMD motherboards so I bought the NZXT Internal USB Hub to bypass the direct MOBO connection and that didn't work either.

Others have the same issue, no one has a solution sadly.

Edited by KKyoji