Corsair Community

HS60 pro usb adapter not working

swifty_360_2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 9/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, swifty_360_2 said:

Hi 

My adapter stopped working today, listed in device manager as unknown usb device (invalid configuration descriptor) driver error.  

Hey there swift_360_2, I'm sorry you are experiencing problems there. Just to make sure, is this the adaptor you are currently describing - https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/Gaming/Gaming-Headsets/HS60-USB-Surround-Sound-Adapter/p/CA-8910040

Do you have iCUE on and/or have updated your computer drivers/updated iCUE etc. Try a clean reinstall of the drivers/iCUE and see if that works, if not, then please contact us at our support.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

the same thing happened to me while ago. I was using my Corsair HS60 normally. but suddenly the usb dongle stopped working and windows started showing me the DEVICE COULD NOT BE RECOGNIZED notification. I have tried to resolve the issue by reinstalling or repairing the drivers, but didnt work. Luckily I have an external sound card so I plugged my headphones to the sound card with the 3.5 mm jack, but obviously still lost the iCue customization thanks to the broken dongle. So, I am pretty sad that the dongle stopped working and that I have to pay 10 more bucks to have my headset shown in the iCue software. Again, my headset works completely fine through my external sound card so I think im gonna leave it as it is right now.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Cmkluo said:

Currently experiencing a similar issue. Headset works properly when plugged into a 3.5mm jack. However, when plugged in the USB dongle; Windows recognizes the device as "CONNEX USB ADAPTER". Microphone fails to works and audio is partially functional. 

Tried to look for drivers to manually install.

PS: Don't tell me to use the iCue software, because iCue will not recognize the USB DONGLE/Headset as a Corsair device.

Same issue as this related post 

• 1 month later...

Habing the same problem since yesterday! While playing a game the headset suddenly went dead, after unplugging and replugging it, the sound was distortet. After leaving the game i opened iCue and found it wouldn‘t recognize my headset anymore. Windows won‘t either, now it recognizes the headset as CONEXANT USB AUDIO DEVICE. Very annoying, having bought the headset for surround sound and after about 4 months use it will only work in stereo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...