Corsair Community

Issues with pre-installed Lighting Node Core in 5000x Case

Wownd

I recently purchased and put together my PC inside a 5000x. Everything has been working fine, except for the 3 pre-installed SP120 Elite fans on the front. The fans spin, and the lighting node core is detected in iCUE, but for some reason I am unable to change any of the colors for the fans. They consistently stay at 3 specific colors, the top being a combination of green and blue, the middle staying green, and the bottom staying blue. I have checked the USB headers multiple times, swapped out the SATA power cable multiple times, and have verified the correct settings in iCUE multiple times, as well as force updated the drivers for the lighting node core. The fans themselves spin, but I'm going crazy here trying to figure out why I can't control the RGB.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

iCUE.PNG

20210913_140330.jpg

I've tried all of them independently now, and I'm still seeing the same issue

• Corsair Employees

Upon closer inspection I realized that you're on the Lighting Setup portion.  This section of iCUE is to organize and set up your fans.  The single LEDs are there to help you recognize which fan is which.

In order to change your LEDs, you need to go into Lighting Channel 1.  There should be more options for you to choose from in that menu.

Let me know if you've already tried that.

Heya!

I have. I've tried every fan individually set to a static white, and I've still got no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the response.  I received three new SP120 fans through warranty, and as soon as they were installed, they immediately made a loud popping sound, and the smell of smoke came through. Now, the 1st and 3rd fans are fixed on a partial red intermittent lighting, and the 2nd fan won't light up at all.  I'm not entirely sure what's going on..

Yeah, the warranty replacement came with 3 new fans and a new lighting node. Everything was replaced, other than the SATA power cable. I can't tell if it was the fans or the lighting node that popped