Corsair Community

Keyboard K57 not possible to write CE: using right SHIFT + C quick follow E

L3v3n

Hey I am puzzled and checked already different keyboards whether it's maybe a Windows 10 porperty.

Anyway, it's not possible for me to write CE by pressing and holding right SHIFT + C immediately followed by E. The result is just a C, looks like E isn't registered. I don't have any macros or key assignments and it works with other keyboards it's just the K57.

So question to the community and Corsair service. Is it just my keyboard or is it a quirk of the K57 keyboard. Does any solution exist which main property isn't to avoid the right SHIFT key?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Haurjie, thank you and two times yes. 

1. E works just fine by itself. Left and right shift with e works fine also in quick succession like EEEEEEEEEE

2. I can write CE by pressing C and E in quick succession using left shift. Using Right shift I can repeat the flaw, just C is printed on screen. I need to wait a bit if I want to write CE using right shift.

• 2 weeks later...

I come to this topic with a issue where i was having problems typing, because it was duplicating keys. Restarting the PC was making it goes away, but as soon as iCue run it started again.

I realized that the issue was not caused by icue at all. Was a trojan that came from a download yesterday, it was causing the issue.

A infected dllhost.exe on SyS64WoW folder was causing the issue, quick reported by Avast / Windows Defender / ESET

Had some trouble to get rid of it, but i do recomend you doing a antivirus scan, and checking if there is a suspicious process running.

I made a new user on Windows, and I'm using it right now. ESET online scanner was able to remove the infected dllhost

Thank you for the try. But the exact issue of mine can be replicated on another PC. I conncted the keyboard via Bluetooth to my laptop and the same issue occurs: writing capital C followed by capital E (CE) while holding right shift doesn't print the E at all. 

• 2 weeks later...