Corsair Community

Commander pro/lighting node not showing

Ravendarat

Hey guys, I just finished my build and I have the commander that comes with the 7000x case as well as two commander pros and a pair of rgb fan controllers that come with the 3 packs of fans all installed in the system. One of the rgb controllers and one of the commander pros dont show up in icue. Ive tried re installing icue as well as swapping the usb2.0 cable positions in my internal hub around and still cant get them to show. The fans associated with the commander and rgb hub are functioning, just uncontrollable, rbg is showing just white. Any idea what to try next?

• Corsair Employees

How are you USB daisy chaining everything? is it commander PRO - Commander PRO - 7000D Commander?

Secondly, why do you have so many commanders? With a few of these you can easily fit 12 fans onto a single commander PRO: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/Hydro-X-Series-Two-Way-PWM-Fan-Splitter-Cables-(Three-Pack)/p/CX-9070003-WW 

How many total fans do you have in that case? You really can't put enough fans in there to require a Commander Core and 2 Commander Pros. Heck, we've even managed to get a fully loaded 1000D with 32 fans all controlled by a single Commander Pro.

• Like 1

I have one commander core and two commander pros, one of the pro arent showing along with one rgb hub. I have a total of 10 120mm sp fans and 4 140mm sp fans and then my cpu block and two res/pump combos. Im not using any splitters of anykind, every fan was going to have their own channel for both rgb and pwm. the only daisy chaining of anykind is the two pumps and the cpu block all have their rgb daisy chained

14 hours ago, Corsair HP said:

How are you USB daisy chaining everything? is it commander PRO - Commander PRO - 7000D Commander?

Secondly, why do you have so many commanders? With a few of these you can easily fit 12 fans onto a single commander PRO: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/Hydro-X-Series-Two-Way-PWM-Fan-Splitter-Cables-(Three-Pack)/p/CX-9070003-WW 

I have a ubs2.0 1 to 4 distribution block going to one header and then one of the rgb hubs just running directly to another usb2.0 header

One Commander Pro.. 32 Fans....  The Truth is out there.....

Q2bE2bm.jpg

• Corsair Employees
8 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

I have a ubs2.0 1 to 4 distribution block going to one header and then one of the rgb hubs just running directly to another usb2.0 header

That might be your issue.

Also, as mentioned by others, so many commanders is not at all needed unless you want to run each fan at a different RPM (which should not be needed in your case).

But since you already have the hardware, we might as well get it to work. Try running:

• motherboard USB header
    • Commander PRO
      • Commander PRO
        • RGB hub 1
        • RGB hub 2
      • Commander Core XT

And skip the USB 2.0 hub that you are using now.