Corsair Community

Commander Pro Fans Power Down

BobDazla

So my system was working, I took my loop apart to replace the LED strip on my distro plate. 

Built the system again, I have 6 fans connected to the commander pro, all the fans spin during boot, then after about 1min the fans in ports 2-6 power down. Fan port one keeps working.

I have tried different Sata cables, disconnected everything except for the fans, tried with just two fans connected.  Fan port one works with all six fans, but ports 2-5 don't work with any fans.

Im at a loss, not sure what else I can try.

Are these fans PWM on DC?  If PWM, go into CUE settings for the Commander and make sure the ports are set to "4 pin" and not auto.  Possible they are flunking the start test, but this is useful regardless and will prevent the fan blast on power up.

If anything else, you can try to force a firmware update for the Commander.  Usually we see this in reverse.  Fan #1 is stuck and 2-6 work fine, so I am a bit concerned.  If neither suggestion helps, contact Corsair Support to get things rolling in that direction if a replacement is needed.  

Thanks, this wreaked my head all day, so failing any solution I took everything out of the case and rebuilt from scratch, I actually have two commanders, swapped them around and same issue, I'll have a look in icue and see if a firmware refresh works. Failing that I have to assume it's dead and I'll need a new one. I have swapped every cable possible.

Out of curiosity, are you using DC or PWM fans?  The only multiple header fails we’ve seen were with DC motor fans. 

Well I just wanted to report back that I finally solved the problem.  I had the cooling profile running of my water temp, the probe had died. I changed to CPU temp which did nothing, once I closed and restarted Icue I was back in business. Weird though the fans on the second commander worked with the same settings.  Anyway, happy to report all is now well. Thanks for responding!