Corsair Community

Corsair Capellix Elite and 500D RGB combination

Dr John

I am putting together a Ryzen system with the Corsair 500D RGB case (with lighting hub) and the Corsair H150i Elite Capellix AIO cooler (with its own lighting hub). This means that I either replace the lighting commander hub that comes with the 500D RGB case (because you need to connect the Capellix pump head to the Commander Core lighting hub that comes with the Capellix) or I need to install both lighting hubs into the 500D RGB case. If anyone has done this, did you end up installing both RGB commanders, and if so, where did you put the second one that comes with the Capellix? There is limited room in the back of the case unless I want to use up one of the two large HD bays. That seems like the best potential location. I will set it up quickly and test how it works with both in, before I go back and do the final placement and wiring properly.  Thanks!

You don't need the Lighting Node Core RGB controller that comes with the case if you are going to use an Elite AIO and the Commander Core.  The Com Core has 6 PWM ports, 6 RGB fan ports, and the special power/lighting cable for the AIO.  The only reason you might need the 2nd RGB controller is if you have more than 6 fans in the build.  If so, then you do need 2 RGB controllers and will need to decide which fans get grouped together.  Each controller will act like a separate lighting group.