Corsair Community

Corsair H150 RGB AIO Liquid Cooler - No Light on pump

AlphaCentauri

Hello,

Hope you doing good. I recently bought Corsair H150 RGB AIO Liquid Cooler(360 MM) couple of days back. Since installation, Pump lights are not illuminated even after trying to connect RGB cable to different RGB headers on Motherboard( ASUS Strix ROG B550-F).  I even tried to connect with my case's RGB panel but same issue(Case: Antec DF700).Even iCue software is not able to detect AIO. Fans and AIO pump is running as per motherboard.

Can someone let me know what could be possible problem?

Thanks.

1631009922787.jpg

Detection of the AIO is via the USB 2.0 path. If this is not connected to the MB, you won’t see it in CUE and can’t set the pump LEDs. 

I am not sure what you were trying to connect to the case or MB RGB headers, but don’t connect Corsair gear to those. Besides the usual 12v vs 5v issue, the connectors aren’t going to be a match and you can cause a short trying to force it. 

Thanks for the help. My AIO has two already connected cables coming out from it. It doesn't have USB connector. I am attaching picture of contents of box. Can you please look and check whether I need to use cable from this kit(Cable just below the AIO in the picture) ?  

AIO https://www.corsair.com/kr/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/RGB-Liquid-CPU-Coolers/p/CW-9060054-WW

Regards

1631042503929.jpg

Hey,

I found this text in product description

The CORSAIR H150 RGB all-in-one liquid CPU cooler delivers strong, dependable cooling and stunning RGB lighting. A high surface-area 360mm radiator dissipates heat and three CORSAIR SP120 RGB ELITE PWM fans provide superior cooling performance. Each fan boasts CORSAIR AirGuide technology to channel concentrated airflow and optimize cooling, against the colorful backdrop of eight individually addressable RGB LEDs on each fan and 13 on the pump head. Control your lighting with +5V ARGB motherboard control, or use CORSAIR iCUE software to synchronize RGB lighting (requires a CORSAIR iCUE RGB controller, sold separately). With full LGA 1200/115X/2066 and AM4 compatibility, a three-year warranty, and easy installation into almost any case, the H150 RGB makes your PC a liquid-cooled light show.

This is why I was trying to connect RGB wire from AIO pump to motherboard RGB header.

Thanks and Regards

Sorry, a high percentage of people casually refer to their cooler as “H150” when it’s really a H150i Pro, XT, or Elite. You actually have a H150 (no “i”) and that changes things dramatically. I thought that pump head looked a bit off. 

No USB connection for that model and it won’t show in CUE. I am trying to get a better look at that D-RGB chain connector. The three fans obviously go there. Is the pump on that wire too?  If so, you could try changing the sequence to see if it lights up in a different position.

Make sure Armory Crate is configured to show enough LEDs for that D-RGB channel. Default is something like 120 which is far more than necessary, but you can change it. 

However, I don’t know a lot about this cooler and it’s not sold in all locations. This is the first one I have seen. You might want to go directly to Corsair Support. There won’t be a lot of us with first hand experience with that model. 

No Problem, I had also got confused in first place, I had ordered it online, Once it arrived It was even hard to fine manual as well, Thanks to Corsair they had sent a QR Code.

Yes. Pump is connected to No.4 on that wire right now. 1-2 Two fans are connected. 1 Fan I have connected to CPU fan header on Motherboard so that Motherboard won't give error on BIOS POST . I will try your suggestion and keep you posted.

Thanks a lot for the help, If I don't get any solution I will reach to Corsair Support.

Ok, the RGB daisy chain looks like just the three fans. The manual suggests the pump draws power directly from the MB. That will include pump power and lights. Make sure wherever you connected the 3 pin lead direct from the pump is set to 100%/full speed or disabled in the BIOS. The pump needs the full 12v at all times. If they were being clever the board might be wired to turn off the RGB is voltage is too low in order to maintain pump operation. 

CPU boot error - You can use the pump 3 pin connector on cpu fan to solve this. Then lock the fan control to disabled or 100%. The boot error then will serve its purpose and only come up if the pump does not start. You may have an AIO-Fan header on your board. It is already set to 100%, but will not provide the warning if the pump doesn’t start. Because cpu/opt don’t work very well as case fan controllers, I usually suggest people dump the AIO on cpu fan.

However, you may be getting short on connections with 2+1 needed for the fans and then one more for the pump. In this case, using cpu/opt for the three radiator fans makes sense. See if your motherboard has fan delays (hysteresis) you can use. Set them high 12-25 seconds if possible. You don’t need the fans to react in real time like wh as all air cooler. Slow and steady does the job. 

I have AIO pump header on ASUS Rog Strix B550-F MB and AIO pump is connected to it and it works fine.. I tried to connect to connect RGB cable on ARGB header of Motherboard. Now RGB Radiator Fans also stopped illuminating. So in brief, now all illumination with respect to AIO has stopped working

CPU boot error : I have already resolved this , I just mentioned it to give idea that one Fan from radiator is connected to CPU Fan header on MB. 

Case : Antec DF700 has RGB controller on back(Previously I had connected all 3 RGB Radiator fans to this RGB controller). I have total 5 fans from the case apart from 3 Radiator fans. From total 8 fans I had connected 6 to RGB controller of the case.  

As you have mentioned that it may be voltage issue, as MB requires additional 8+4 pin EPS connector. My current PSU doesn't have the additional ATX connector. So I am waiting for new PSU to be delivered. Once I install new PSU will check how it goes. Will keep you posted with the progress.

Thanks for help. This diagram may help to understand what is happening and what may be the problem, At start I connected AIO pump RGB cable to these connectors on MB (11 both headers -Non Addressable RGB header +12V)) directly. After that I connected cable provided by corsair(Which has 1,2,3,4  numbered Slots) to Case's RGB controller. And Case RGB controllers cable to MB 10(Addressable RGB header +5V). At this point  3 Radiators RGB was working fine and AIO Pump was running except Illumination.  

Today I tried to connect corsair cable directly to No 10 on MB, so no illumination of all radiator fans and pump, So I again reconnected in same way as above. Now all RGB lights on radiator fans are not illuminated.

B550F.png

So there are 4 RGB connectors on that daisy chain cable and a separate one for the pump RGB?  That is what I assumed originally, but then the product manual download directly contradicts that and shows a 3 RGB cable (fans) and refers to pump/RGB operation as being motherboard direct.

So there is a definite chance the LEDs were damaged when you connected the pump to the 12v RGB header.  It only takes a second to do that.  If there are 4 RGB connectors on the daisy chain cable and the pump does not work in any position, this would be seem likely.  If it does light up and a fan goes off when in the last position, it may be the cable itself.  Either way, I would start a support ticket with Corsair or examine your replacement options with the vendor.  

As for the additional 4 pin EPS12V, it's never needed, unless you do some extreme overclocking under liquid nitrogen, pushing extreme voltages to the CPU or something of that nature.

The single 8 pin can already  feed over 300W, and that powers only the CPU, nothing else.

All the power for RGB, fans etc come from the 24 pin motherboard connector.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees

What exact power supply are you using?

@c-attack

Okay. Right now all fans and pump is running. All RGB illumination is not working with respect to AIO. Case RGB fans are working fine,. I will contact Corsair for Support.

@LeDoyen

I don't want to overclock. Right now I have 650w PSU non modular one, just wanted to make sure PSU is enough for the Build. 

Thanks for input. Will keep posted with updates.

Update : RGB for fans is working now ... If I plug RGB cable from AIO pump to daisy chain cable , depending on which number I plug, Fans RGB stops working..

AIO pump RGB Plug Location wise

1) Plug No 1 : All 3 fans on Radiator stop illuminating.

2) Plug No 2 : Only 1 Fan illuminates other two don't

3) Plug No 3: 2 Fans illuminates.

4) Plug no 4: All 3 fans illuminate. 

But AIO pump header doesn't illuminate in any of cases.

Thanks for the help till now. 

That strongly suggests the pump LED or its pathway is damaged.  It seems the lighting is serial like on most controllers, so when you stick the bad element into the chain, everything downstream is affected.  This will probably be a full replacement, Corsair or the vendor.  

Thanks. How much time usually takes for RMA ? I understand it will take more time due to pandemic... Any suggestions for CPU cooler for Ryzen 5900x till replacement arrives. I have GAMMAXX 400 PRO from my old build. Will this be sufficient for Ryzen 5900x for time being. P.S I don't do overclocking. Right now AIO maintains CPU temperatures at 33-40 degrees Celsius .

Don't know on time.  It may depend a lot more on where you are located vs world affairs.  You also may be able to do the cross-ship or Advanced RMA where they place a credit card hold for the product value, send you the new one, then you ship back the old.

In the interim, any cooler should be fine.  Just don't spend the down week running stress tests.  

Thanks for info. I did some more research over YouTube and forums, It seems to power AIO pump RGB you need power from 5 pin SATA cable, I have connected SATA cable to RGB controller, but the connector which takes power to RGB controller has only 4 wires connected to PCB. So because of that it not being illuminated. Please refer to attached image. If check red box marked in image, RGB controller has only 4 pins. I think that may be the problem, but I am not sure.

l-side4-Copy.jpg

it's normal.

On the PSU connector, the SATA cable has 3.3v, 5v, 12v, and two grounds.

The controller only uses one ground most likely = 4 wires

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Hey there, there is no SATA power for this unit. You will have the RGB connections for each fan, as well as a forth cable for the Pump that will also need to be connected to the motherboard to power the RGB of the Pump. The hub you linked above does not go to the H150, and won't be the problem.