Corsair Community

Can I disable Asus GPU plugin?

Astral85

I have the Asus GPU plugin in CUE 4 but I cannot use it I presume because my Asus GPU is installed onto an EKWB waterblock with it's own LED's. I use the Asus motherboard plugin but would like to remove the Asus GPU plugin from showing in CUE 4. Is that possible? 

• Corsair Employees

The only way to do this would be to disable the plugins in the iCUE settings but that would also disable the ability to control the RGB on your motherboard through iCUE. There is no way to disable individual devices such as the Asus GPU only.

19 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The only way to do this would be to disable the plugins in the iCUE settings but that would also disable the ability to control the RGB on your motherboard through iCUE. There is no way to disable individual devices such as the Asus GPU only.

So if there are no lighting effects loaded onto the Asus GPU plugin will it just sit there doing nothing? I don't mind it being there but I don't really want it using additional system resources if I am not using it.  

Edited by Astral85

• Corsair Employees

The plugin for the GPU is the very same plugin for the motherboard and it is programmed and provided by Asus to allow for RGB integration of their motherboard and GPU products with iCUE. 

18 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The plugin for the GPU is the very same plugin for the motherboard and it is programmed and provided by Asus to allow for RGB integration of their motherboard and GPU products with iCUE. 

OK thanks for clarifying.