Corsair Community

HS70 Pro Wireless - numerous issues and I'm not sure what to try next

Hi folks,

A couple of days ago I bought a set of HS70 Pro Wireless headphones, and I've had numerous issues:

- When left to 'fully charge' the green light comes on but the headphones aren't at 100% when I check in iCue.

- They don't seem to charge at all when in use and plugged in - this just maintains the battery level where it is pretty much (and yes, I am using USB 3 ports).

- When plugged in, there is a god-awful buzz in the left earphone.

- When unplugged, there is an awful hiss that is constant anytime audio isn't playing.

- The auto-shutdown keeps kicking in when I'm in the middle of watching a movie or playing a game (set to 5 minutes as per default).

- The battery is draining incredibly quickly. It went from 97% to 87% in about 30 minutes. There is no way this will see me through a work day, much less a work day and then a bit of gaming.

Note that I DO NOT have the headset turned up to maximum on the volume wheel, and I have tried changing USB ports for both the charge cable and the wireless receiver dongle. I have also tried a couple of times to do the headset soft reset that I have read about (turning off the headphones, hold in the mute button for 20-30 seconds, and then turn them back on), and it has had no impact. I have also uninstalled and re-installed iCUE and have the most up-to-date iCUE software installed. None of these things have made a bit of difference.

I'm pretty disappointed at this stage. Is there anything else anyone can suggest?

Edited by OldGreyStrix
Left out a detail