Corsair Community

H150i RGB Pro XT not what I expected to see.

This is a picture of iCUE running on my new build supplied by a Box Builder

Nothing is where I expect it to be and I'm sure my ROG X570-F (AMD) doesn't have 14 Temp Sensors. Also it looks like the AIO Fans are showing up under motherboard instead of H150i

Any clues would be appreciated.

iCUE1.PNG

1) AIO fans - a lot of builders deliberately do not connect the fans to the AIO pump controller. They instead connect them to the MB on the chance the end user never installs CUE and is baffled.  Whether this makes sense or not is another question, but it’s pretty common. I would move them to the AIO splitter to gain software control and access to the coolant temp data that should be their control source. 

2) The abundance of Asus sensors is common as well. CUE has some difficulties with the Asus embedded controller. You will see duplicates and sometimes junk data like 226C or -16C. Recent cue versions do a better job of rejecting the crazy values, but duplicates still occur. You likely don’t know the origin component of these things anyway, so you may want to use something like Hwinfo or HWMonitor to try and identify them. You can then remove the extras. Be aware these may conflict with cue when run simultaneously, so when finished close out both programs and kill the CUE services in the task manager before restarting the app. Or you can just reboot the PC. 

Edited by c-attack

I'm working Blind on this. SCAN Computers provided NO Goody Box of all of the left over bits from my New Build (Not a manual, not a cable, no fastenings - they even stripped out the Corsair Cable Rig and Straps from my 5000D Airflow Case and cable tied the cable runs----insane! I'm currently trying to resolve) To add insult to injury they gave me the Cabling Rig Frame but none of the Velcro Straps. PWM Card not there either.

If you could direct me to which cable you intend me to splice into I'd be grateful.

Take a look at the first page of this product review.  There are a lot of close ups.  The SATA ribbon for power and the three way splitter both come out of the top of the pump.  The 3 way fan connectors should be labeled 1-2-3 on them.  I do not think these can be removed without brutally cutting the wire, so most likely it is tucked alongside the SATA cable.  

https://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-icue-h150i-rgb-pro-xt-cpu-cooler-review_219789

Don't worry too much about all the Asus MB values.   If you are feeling cramped, just delete Temp 7-14.  

Edited by c-attack

Even  if you get the Commander Pro, you'll still want the 3 radiator fans on the XT's fan controller.  It has a direct hardware connection to the coolant temp, so fans react as needed whether the software is running or not, including the BIOS, start-up, shutdown, etc.  If you put them on the Commander, it needs the software active to fetch the data from the AIO.  However, the Commander is still great for other case fans.  

You can deal with the CPU boot error either way.  Move the AIO tach lead to CPU fan and the MB is happy.  CPU fan isn't great for fan control and on Asus boards usually has aggressive fan behavior meant for the smallest of air coolers.  Additionally you will get the CPU boot error again if the pump does not start on boot.

Or you can disable the boot warning and leave the AIO lead elsewhere.  Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring.  Scroll down to the CPU fan (RPM).  Click on it and select ignore.  That turns it off.  If the pump does not start on boot, the fans will go nuts 10 seconds later, so there still is a warning system and the MB still shuts you down at CPU temp safety points.  Multiple overlapping safety features here.  

Thanks again! Now that I’ve gotten my head around this may I offer a fudge or a solution for ASUS Boards throwing a wobbly with nothing on the CPU Fan headers when properly fitting the AIO?

Fit a good quality fan on the rear of the case as an exhaust fan and connect that to CPU-Fan the Motherboard no longer throws a wobbly on Post.

Currently running a DC Fan, now will buy a pack of PWC and change motherboard fan headers to PWC from DC for anything I wish to run off of the headers. My Commander Pro will handle everything else apart from AIO Fans which are now properly connected to Pump Header.

Thanks for setting me down the right path to work this out. My AMD Board is an Strix X570F for info.