Corsair Community

RGB hub connection, and fan hub to commander prod for custom loop

Mirwits

I am working on a custom loop corsair build.

Now I have a few issues at the build where i hope this community can help me with :).

1. I have attached RGB hub to the commander pro with the 2 wire cable that come with the RGB hub into the Led 1 and Led 2 port but Icue doesn't recognize them. What Cable do I need? Now not all RGB fans light up and the once that do just do their out of the box RGB.

2. In my case the Corsair 5000 D there is a fanhub. I have attached this to 'fan 1' in commander but it doesn't show up in Icue. How should I hook up this case fanhub to be able to program them in Icue? 

Thanks!

plaatje.jpeg

Edited by Mirwits

1) There is no auto-detect feature on the Commander Pro for RGB. You must designate the fan type and number in lighting setup to create the proper UI elements in the Lighting Effects panel. You’ll need to do this for each channel. 

2) Make sure you have connected the SATA power line for the PWM splitter and you must have a fan in the “control” position on the board. Most hubs mark this with a dot or #1. That thing is really a powered splitter. You send a control signal from Commander to the control fan, then that is shared with all the other connected fans. 

Thank you!

1) solved indeed I forgot I mixed 2 different types of fans. So now fixed.

2) ok currently i have hooked 3 front fans and 3 radiator fans to it which I want to change independently. So to do so I need to only use 1-3 for radiator and replug the 3 front fans?

one other unrelated question, for my GPU I had to take another brand as Corsair was not supporting my GPU. Is there a way I can connect my AlphaCool block to the commander pro?

Edited by Mirwits
added question on Alpha Cool GPU block

2) Yes, you’ll need off load 3 of the 6 on the PWM hub if you want separate controls for them. You can get away with a few 2-way splitters on the Commander Pro, but don’t use triples. The results are often erratic and it’s getting pretty close to the amp limit on the header. If you can’t manage it with the remaining C-Pro headers, another PWM hub is an option. 

3) GPU - If the RGB is 5v D-RGB you likely can get it work with a 3rd party adapter. I’ll pm you the one I use for mine. It will connect into the second RGB channel on the Commander. If the RGB is 12v on the block, then best option is probably straight to MB 12v RGB connector.