Corsair Community

Ideal target water temp for AIO ?

bugzy

I have a Corsair 360mm AIO (H150i Pro) in my O11 Dynamic with 9 fans in the system. I'm curious what ideal target water temp should be for when I tweak my fan speeds.

My room temp is about 76-78 f (25-26 Celsius) typically. I was thinking 34c was good, but my fans get loud. Then I tweak it to hold around 36-37, and sometimes it gets loud. I just swapped my 1080ti for a 3070ti and it seems to be generating more heat, so trying to tweak with the new GPU paired with a 9900K.

My current setup is 3 intake fan (bottom), 3 intake fan (side), 3 exhaust fan (top AIO) in the O11 Dynamic. All ML120.

What is safe water temps for AIO? is 40c good? or 45c good? I can't seem to find too much information about ideal water temps for an AIO.

Thanks!

It’s all relative your baseline room/case temp. If the room is 25C, that is the lowest possible theoretical point, but not practical in any real sense. The case will retain some level of heat and the air temp inside is effectively the baseline coolant temp with no additional cpu heat. The idle cpu wattage is pretty trivial but the temp sensor is post heat pick up, so something like +3C over case ambient is probably the lowest sustainable level. All in all that puts most people at +4-7C over the room and that does seem to be where you are at. 

As you’ve noted, gpu waste heat affects this as well. You’ll see higher coolant when gaming than running a straight cpu stress test. Keep the fans at tolerable levels. If the gpu heats up the case to 40C, then you can’t bring the coolant down below that. +1C to coolant is +1C to the CPU and the same for cooling in reverse. That means there isn’t much reason to worry about 36c vs 38c coolant unless your cpu is right at the temp limit. 

Edited by c-attack

You can also think about possibly installing the AIO to the side of the O11, as air intake, so that it won't be affected by the GPU heat output.  that would allow you to run the fans a little quieter too.