Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix WILL NOT Respond To iCUE

Zelos

Hey all,

My H150i Elite Capellix WILL NOT Respond To iCUE....

I have tried EVERYTHING.... Windows system updates, Bios updates, iCUE updates, iCUE fresh installs.... Going into Bluetooth and devices removing them & re-detecting the hardware.... Moving all the fans onto the Commander Pro and off of the Commander Core.... Absolutely nothing will get the dang H150i Elite to change colors or respond to iCUE profiles... I am at an absolute loss here... I have tried EVERYTHING.

And you cannot purchase the Commander Core independently so IF that is broken or causing the issue there is no way to troubleshoot it without buying an entirely new heatsink....

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Crazy thing is... iCUE can see the H150i Elite... Can see the temp, fan speeds etc... It just WILL NOT respond to any iCUE color profile or color hardware changes.....

Please help.

iCUE Issues.jpg

On 9/3/2021 at 8:08 PM, Zelos said:

Crazy thing is... iCUE can see the H150i Elite... Can see the temp, fan speeds etc... It just WILL NOT respond to any iCUE color profile or color hardware changes.....

You may want to show us what you see on Commander Core screen.  If the software "sees the device", then it is detected.  That is usually the primary obstacle when there is trouble.  If you see all the controls and it doesn't respond, then that narrows it down to a possible conflict with another RGB program trying to access the device or beginner errors in using the program.  Presumably other parts of CUE do respond to instruction, like the RAM lighting or the other RGB controller for fans #7-9.

It almost looks like you have enabled the "Corsair One Blue" scene from the home screen.  Those scenes are master override settings for RGB lighting only and layer over the top of anything you do or set.  You can toggle them on/off by clicking on them and there should be a color dot over your devices if it is active.  

Edited by c-attack

I have taken the RGB cords of the fans plugged into the Commander Core and plugged them into my Commander Pro and set up a second lighting group - worked instantly, but the H150i Elite heatsink still won't respond.... The power of the fans is still in the Commander Core and it can see the fans and provide stats on the fans and heat-sink... So the Commander Core can see the fans and heat-sink but the RGB side of the Commander Core will NOT respond to profile or color changes.

Whenever I change the hardware lighting on the H150i Elite - it just snaps back to rainbow.

I never noticed it before because I just used rainbow... But then when I wanted to shift my theme I realized the H150i Elite won't respond to lighting changes.

I think it my be the Commander Core because I have tried everything else! But Corsair doesn't sell them independently so I can't get another to troubleshoot that part without buying a whole other heat-sink.

iCUE 1.png

iCUE 2.png

iCUE 3.png

iCUE 4.png

iCUE 5.png

iCUE 6.png

iCUE Issues.jpg

Do you have fan control on the Commander Core?  It’s just the RGB functionality that is missing?  This would be odd for a few reasons. Unlike all the other Corsair RGB controllers, the Com Core has independent RGB ports. So if ports 3&4 fail, the rest should still work. Also, if I understand correctly the pump LED is also stuck. That should be on a different path so. Ow you are looking for something that affects the entire device as a whole. That seems like a software issue. 

Are you running any other RGB programs for the MB or Gpu?  We’ve seen some behave aggressively. Watch out for other monitoring programs like HWiNFO or AIDA. They try and poll the same devices and this can cause devices to lock up and become unresponsive. 

14 hours ago, Zelos said:

Whenever I change the hardware lighting on the H150i Elite - it just snaps back to rainbow.

Assuming you mean on the next boot or when quitting CUE. It should do a preview of the lighting effect when setting it up in HW mode, then jump back to software mode when you leave the tab. Does it show you different effects here? Or permanently frozen?

What happens when you engage any of the Corsair scenes?  These should override your settings. Does the pump LED change?

I get the feeling you’ve already sent in an official ticket to Corsair Support, but if not do it now. As you’ve noted, if there is a hardware problem the replacement will need to come from them and this certainly is a warranty covered issue.