Corsair Community

RGB RAM not using hardware lighting

yoyoseby

CMW32GX4M4D3600C18

I've got a bunch of corsair products and I wanted to set them all to black light (basically turned off) on their respective hardware lighting tab. They all work except for the ram, the ram works too if I manually go to hardware lighting tab and click on the mode. Than it works until I turn off my computer. When I turn it back on, again, it defaults to rainbow

What version of CUE are you using?  The method for setting the RAM hardware lighting in CUE 3 is a bit obscure and more straightforward in CUE 4. Both are possible and I always have kept my RAM set black in hardware mode. 

OK, this should be as simple as clearing the effect in HW lighting or setting a static black to that field.  Do you have any motherboard RGB software running that might try to take control in the absence of CUE?  Try setting a static black color instead in HW Lighting instead of leaving it blank.  Both should work, but maybe this will force the setting.  

OK, that seems like Mystic Light is accessing the RAM when CUE is not actively preventing it.  I don't use that program, but someone else may know how to put a stop to that.