Corsair Community

iCue 4.14.179 vs. Armoury Crate current version

El Manu

Hello together,

I have issues to get Armoury Crate working together with iCue.

1) is there a possibility to get ASUS MB and connected Graphics Card (RGB 3-pin 5V Header) get to work together with iCue without Armoury Crate?

2) Aura Sync DID NOT work (even last version)

3) I used the Armoury Crate uninstall tool and tried with Aura Sync and the current version of Armoury Crate ... => No Chance.

4) The MB of Asus even appears, when Armoury Crate is installed, but the lighting cannot be changed anymore by iCue

I remember, where it worked with the MB. mayBe Armoury Crate has been updated and is incomaptible at the moment?

Or is it possible, that i cannot control lighting because I added my Sapphire Graphics card to the ARGB Header?

iCUE does not control ARGB headers on motherboards. so that's not a bug.

• Sad 1

thank you very much. Just saw it in another post. very annoying 😞

So best thing to do, is: Turn the plugin switch in the software OFF and install Armoury Crate, right? 
So I control Grapfics card and motherboard with AC and the rest with iCue?

Also, Asus replaced Aura with Armory Crate and is pushing the transition. If you have newer hardware it may not work with Aura at all (basic direct control) and the CUE plugin no longer supports Aura either. 

As mentioned above, 5v D-RGB control from the MB headers was never possible through CUE. I would not expect that to change any time soon. 

So whether to use Aura or AC likely depends on 1) Your gear and 2) whether you want to use CUE for MB/GPU lighting control. If you just want basic lighting control and don’t care about cue integration, then Aura is still a viable option. 

As Aura does not support ARGB (only 4 pin Headers) I have to use AC.

AC runs now and delivers nice light games to Graphics Card and MB. The Plugin Switch in iCue is now disabled. Think this is the best working compromise at this moment to me.

When I want to use Dominator RAMs of Corsair ... is there AC necessary or is it native in iCue and it detects these RAMs?

Edited by El Manu

Any Corsair RGB RAM is directly controlled by CUE. It will appear in CUE as a separate fully programmable lighting device with software and hardware modes. Asus plugin on or off, RAM will be separate. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1