Corsair Community

Dark Core Pro SE Mouse and MSI BIOS?

Hi all,

When I'm in the UEFI BIOS screen (MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard) my Dark Core Pro SE mouse does not work.  I'm connecting via the wireless dongle.  It works fine in Windows.  Can anything be done?

• Corsair Employees

Hi Cosmith71,

The first step here is going to be to make sure you have your BIOS, chipset, and USB controller drivers all up to date. I don't have specific directions for MSI, but make sure to check whatever updater applications you have for them to get the latest updates in most cases. 

Please also try different USB ports to make sure it isn't a specific issue with that individual port.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like it doesn't like my Space Mouse.  I have the wireless version, but had it plugged in via USB.  Unplugging it from USB and just using the dongle allowed my Corsair mouse to work in UEFI.  

• Corsair Employees
On 9/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, cosmith71 said:

I'm connecting via the wireless dongle.  It works fine in Windows.  Can anything be done?

To clarify, are you using it via the USB cable, or via the wireless dongle, in the successful scenario? 

The wireless dongle for the Corsair mouse and the Spacemouse.  Plugging the Spacemouse in by USB seems to have caused the problem.  

• Corsair Employees
On 9/4/2021 at 5:54 AM, cosmith71 said:

The wireless dongle for the Corsair mouse and the Spacemouse.  Plugging the Spacemouse in by USB seems to have caused the problem.  

Try keeping the two dongles as far apart as possible when they are both plugged in - see if that helps with any potentially USB overload or wireless interference that could be at play here.