Corsair Community

22 Corsair LL 120/140 power requirements/draw

replicator

Hi.

Just wondering how much power draw 22 Corsair LL 120/140 fans would need guys, and how many can you run on a single channel at a time pwm or splitters using the corsair hardware.

I will be starting my build this weekend if the rads arrive from Alphacool, and im in 2 minds as to run the fans from pwm hubs and above corsair gear that came with the fans.( how many would i need as i have 2 x commander pros) or get an Aquacomputer OCTO with 7 x pwm headers with 100w total 25w per channel. It also says you can use splitters.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3832

Could use this for my Ek Quantum Kinetic FLT 360 res/pump Rgb to get flow/temp as i did with the Aquaero 5 pro i just took out from 900D.

What do you think guys.

with 22 fans, you'll still need hubs, even if the Octo (8 PWM ports, as its name implies :p) is more sturdy than a CoPro.

I would advise to rather base your choice on the software you want to use for loop control, Aquasuite or iCue.

Edited by LeDoyen
  • Like 1

Agree with the above. You’ll need PWM hubs regardless but since presumably we’re talking about push-pull on 360 or 420mm radiators there’s no reason for individual fan control. I would probably get a hub for each radiator sandwich, but you could dedicate one Commander to one stack. The other could handle the hubs, pump(s), and rear fans. 

The LL fans are 0.30A each on the fan motor and can reach upwards of ~0.65A on the RGB 5v draw. 

Edited by c-attack

Just for info Zotty controls a fully decked 1000D with just one CoPro and a bunch of powered hubs, if memory serves 🙂

one PWM channel per rad, exhaust fans, pump. you may even have spare channels.

Hubs are just way neater anyway. Ideally you may want to install them close to the rads, and only run one cable to the controller. That will leave free space for all the RGB control. Cabling that case is a job and a half! 

Thank you guys, 

c-attack... but you could dedicate one Commander to one stack?

LeDoyen ..and only run one cable to the controller? (commander pro) i take it.

I am snapshotting  the hell out of this advice for quick reference.

Why oh why could corsair no go down the simple Lian li connect fans together way, then one lead to rule them all.

Sorry 2 leads.

I am trying tp picture the 22 fans.  Based on your other thread, I thought it was 2x360 and 420x1 up top.  Assuming all push-pull, there is 18 fans.  2 more on the rear exhaust.  2 more above the PSU or bottom?

So one Commander could have the 1-2 pumps, 2 PWM hubs, and the 4 non-radiator fans divided on two 2-way PWM splitters.  The other Commander Pro could take the remaining 6 fans from one of the push pull radiators.  You will need both Commanders and all 4 RGB channel for RGB control duties.  Max 6 fans per RGB hub/channel.  That really is the trickier bit and dividing up the fans.  Each hub/channel will act like a separate group for programming purposes.  Not sure if it is better to have the front facing six on one RGB hub and the back side fans on another or to do each radiator as a group front/back.  There is no obligation to match PWM connectivity to RGB connectivity, although you do have to keep it straight in your brain for daily control purposes.  

c-attack 

It will be  the 2 x 360s push pull front and 2 fans above the rads  to fill the spare holes ,then the 6 x 140s up top then the 2 at the rear or 1 x 140 at the rear.