Corsair Community

5000x case fan help?

Not sure if this is the right place to post. 

i have brought a 5000x case and have brought an additional 4 of the magnetic fans. With a 150i cooler also. Now i cant work out what additional hardware i need to control all the fans and rgb separately. It comes with what i assume is a fan controller and a rgb controller each of which have 6 ports. 

so i do i need to purchase an additional fan hub and rgb hub? Also do i need to purchase a commander pro controller? I know the 150i cooler comes with a node controller not sure what that is yet lol. 

sorry if this is the wrong place this is my first pc build so I want to make sure i buy the right things. 

thanks in advance.

The Elite coolers come with a "Commander Core" that serves as PWM fan controller, RGB controller for up to 6 fans, and pump power for the AIO.  That would be all you need.  The 5000X should also have a Lighting Node Core inside that handle RGB connections for 6 fans.

However, be aware the "magnetic" fans you bought are likely the ML-RGB series (4 LEDs).  These will not be an exact match to the Elite series AIO ML fans that are 8 LEDs.  ML-Elite, SP-Elite, and SP-Pro are all 8 center mounted LEDs.  The older ML-RGB is 4.  

The ML-RGB (4) is an older product. The newer versions are 8, like what comes with the Elite AIO (ML-Elite). However, those are not being sold at retail yet. The Commander Core is a PWM only fan controller, so that rules out the DC motor SP-Pro. The only exact match is the SP-Elite. You can force the 4 LED models to light up and work with the 8 LED ML, but it won’t look the same. 

Edited by c-attack

Or is it a case of no fans are going to match? Im guessing the case fans are different to the aio fans as well? In which case i might as well wait for them to release the fans separately. 

is their any info on a potential release date or is it unknown if they ever will? 

7 minutes ago, Salzoris said:

is their any info on a potential release date or is it unknown if they ever will? 

It is unknown.  They don't usually tip their hand ahead of time.  The SP-Elite is the lighting match for the ML-Elite.

You can use QL and should if you like how they look.  It's a double sided ring fan so it won't look anything like the ML-Elite on the radiator.  However, not everyone cares to match each fan exactly.  You do need to be aware the special ring based effects for the LL/QL fans don't work for fans that don't have an outer light ring.