Corsair Community

iCue doesn't see my LL120

Watsli

Hi everyone!

I just finished building my first PC and I have a problem with my fans.

I have 3 Corsair LL120 (3x package). The RGB cables are pluged in the RGB hub that came with the bundle and thhis hub is pluged in the Lighting Node Pro that also came with the kit. Finally the Lighting node pro is pluged in USB un my motherboard. Both RGB hub and lighting node are powered with direct sata.

In the other way, all three PWM cables are pluged into the PWM controler that is pre installed in my Corsair 5000d Airflow. (I have 3 other standard fans pluged in this controler)

All my fans are spinning so its seems that there is no problem with the PWM but only one of my fans have RGB on : the one in the first channel of RGB hub. If I change which fan is in channel one then it will change the one that has RGB.

I installed corsair iCue but nothing shows up. Is ther any mistake in my setup?

Thank you very much for your help.

Watsli

Make sure you do the Lighting Set-up tab and designate your fan arrangement -- LL x 3.  This tells the program how many LEDs to generate for specific patterns.  You won't see a fan UI interface until this is complete.  

Edited by c-attack

Hi c-attack!

Thank you for your answer. I saw some post on the internet about making this lighting setup but I don't unterstand. I don't have anything that allows me to do this in my iCue software. I tried version 3 and version 4. Here is a screenshot of my software. How is it happening? Is it about my motherboard or does it have anything to do with the PWM controller?

Thank you again

Capture.JPG

Ok, the real problem here is CUE is not reading it he lighting Node Pro device, not just the LL fans. There should be another device picture of the LNP along with the MB and GPU. 

The usb 2.0 connection from the LNP is the communication path between software and device. Power down and check the connection. It’s easy to be a bit off or some boards have other ports  that look like usb 2 and are something else. 

What motherboard model (chipset series) do you have?  The mb needs its chipset drivers to use this communication path. Check for an update from the Asus product page or try reinstalling the current version. 

The PWM side of the fan does not interact with the LNP at all. Those wires can be dangling out the back of the case and non-moving fan should still light up and device be seen in CUE?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. My MB is an Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Pro Wifi (AMD4).

I checked my usb connection and it was ok but I tried anyway to connect the lighting node pro directly in a standard usb port at the rear of my case and it worked perfectly. After that I pluged it back directly on the MB and when I started iCue it saw my LNP. I restarted to be sure and it went down again.

I've read some things about a conflict between Armoury Crate from Asus and icue so I uninstalled all the armoury crate software and now icue is working great agin. So it seems that it was indeed a conflict. But How can I have now my MB and GPU inside of icue?

Thank you very much