Corsair Community

HS70 BLUETOOTH - bad quality with bluetooth

I bought a HS70 BLUETOOTH 4 weeks ago. The Bluetooth audio worked fine when using the Headset just for music. After returning to my office I hoped that I could use the headset for my online meetings. But when I connect the headset to my PC via bluetooth (Bluetooth 5.1) the microphone quality is absolutely not acceptable. Unbelieveable. 

I found this post from Corsair Albert from March 26th this year:

Due to the restraints of using Bluetooth with Windows, the HS70 BLUETOOTH is designed to be utilized via a wired connection with PC/consoles. The Bluetooth connection is intended for users who want a simultaneous connection to their mobile device.

I wasn't able to edit my post. Therefore, here comes the complete version:

I bought a HS70 BLUETOOTH 4 weeks ago. The Bluetooth audio worked fine when using the Headset just for music. After returning to my office I hoped that I could use the headset for my online meetings. But when I connect the headset to my PC via bluetooth (Bluetooth 5.1) the microphone quality is absolutely not acceptable. Unbelieveable. 

I found this post from Corsair Albert from March 26th this year:

Due to the restraints of using Bluetooth with Windows, the HS70 BLUETOOTH is designed to be utilized via a wired connection with PC/consoles. The Bluetooth connection is intended for users who want a simultaneous connection to their mobile device.

Now it is hard to belief that this should be the final answer. Is there a chance that we will see any driver improvements on these issues?

Frankly, I think Corsair should print Alberts quote on the package. With that microphone quality this is no Bluetooth headset. Not at all.

It would have been a good idea to deliver the HS70 BLUETOOTH headset with an additional audio dongle, just in case some customer likes to use the headset in wireless mode. 

Thanks for any good news about this topic.

BTW: I would have sent the HS70 back to the seller, but I recognized the proble just 1 day to late for this.

Michael

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...