Corsair Community

iCUE freezing my system randomly

Mikuni

Hi, topic related to this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/8vhifp/corsair_icue_software_causing_pc_crashes/

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/142362-black-screening-video-card-output-switching-off-from-icue/page/13/

Can't reply these so making a new post. So recently I got a new AIO from NZXT so I have been more actively checking system temps. etc, and ever since I'm having these weird lockups. They can happen after hours or days, while watching youtube or idle while I sleep. Symptoms are the same, if while using it, it seems to start having glitches with the graphics, like the video stops as if there was a network issue, mouse cursor moves but windows don't "refresh", like I can open task manager and scroll through the list of processes but the % and numbers don't update and after a while nothing else responds anymore. If it happens while I'm away, the monitor is off and won't come back up. I can browse my shared folders remotely from another pc or phone so it's not completely frozen.

Tried another set of RAM and a different GPU (used DDU), same thing. After a while I noticed it didn't happen if I had iCUE just sitting in the tray, while I normally had it up with a few panels in the monitoring Dashboard.

So I just stumbled upon that reddit post from over 3 years ago.. which led me to this forum. Can't believe it's mid 2021 and this is still an issue.

i5-2500K
RM750i
Corsair Scimitar
16 GB RAM
Asus GTX 1070/660

Other monitoring apps running:
- CoreTemp
- NZXT's CAM
- Asus GPU Tweak II

However I've had these installed all along for years and everything was ok.

image.thumb.png.ed8e4e88bf722084f1157a021148dee9.png