Corsair Community

hx1050 fan question

Ok so after doing some cleaning and some swapping i noticed that my psu fan is running all the time not sure if its full speed or not but from what i can find it is only suppose to run as needed. load is about 120 watts at idle. this unit is about 9 years old not sure if auto fan is something new or not.

Hi Buddy.

Not sure what is going on. but yes that PSU does have Silent Operation Mode. you able to see what temps its seeing? or.. do you have much of a 5v load on it? RGB/USB etc?

1 hour ago, Zotty said:

Hi Buddy.

Not sure what is going on. but yes that PSU does have Silent Operation Mode. you able to see what temps its seeing? or.. do you have much of a 5v load on it? RGB/USB etc?

Not sure of temps feels cold can try and get some temps when I get home load at idle is i7 3770s evga 1070 2hdd 2ssd 1 220mm fan and 7 120mm fans corsair vengeance keyboard and a logitech mouse could there be dust covering were the sensor sites that it caked to it wasn't that dirty but had been a while sense it had been cleaned

Sorry for the double reply got home and pulled the psu out again everything looks ok except there seems to be a dark streak on a yellow part by the back grating im guessing caked on dust took and broke a q tip seems to comes off from what i can tell looks clean under neath. got some temps before i shut it off on the back hottest was 82f going around the fan was 76f turned it off inside was 77f back was 80f ambient is 69f if that helps. also got to looking it was about the time these were released so im almost kinda wondering if this has the old controller in it or if this controller died and this is a default plan.