Corsair Community

XG7 for Zotac 3080 ti?

Lotus79

Looking at the XG7 offerings for 3080 ti cards it does not seem to specifically include Zotac.  However I have seen others on this forum posting about using the XG7 with Zotac 3090s.

I am correct in assuming that there is no XG7 card specifically for a Zotac, in this case the ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 ti AMP Holo?  If there is, which one is it?

Thanks.

Yeah, so nVidia kind of makes it confusing when they make the Founder's Editions which are different from their own reference design. NVidia and AMD Radeon both have what is called a reference design which is basically "if you want to make a card with our chip, do the circuit board exactly like this and it will work". So then every manufacturer such as Zotac or MSI or Gigabyte or whoever can make a card using that layout.

So what you need to do is make sure that the particular model of Zotac you bought is a reference design. The thing is the reference design waterblock will fit any manufacturer's card that's a reference design. Zotac has models called Amp Holo, Trinity, and Gaming and probably only one of them is a reference design but I don't know which. That's a question for a Zotac specific forum probably. If yours is then you just need the XG7 30-series Reference. Make sure you do NOT get the XG7 Founders. Also, if the Amp Holo is NOT a reference design then you're out of luck for a Corsair block and you might have to go with Byski.

The reference design is just one way to lay out the parts on the circuit board. As soon as the manufacturer wants a different size or shape or whatever reason different from the reference design then waterblocks no longer fit. The Founder's Editions are NOT reference designs, for example, that's why there is a different model XG7 for those.

Edited by magarity
  • Like 1

You should go through the custom loop configurator with your exact Zotac model and it will either say use the XG7 Reference or else it will say no cooling solution available. That's your best bet at making sure of compatibility, really.

• Like 1

Thanks, didn't think of using the configurator as I have not used it in planning my loop.

Looks like the Zotac is a reference card and the XG7 will work.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Lotus79 said:

Thanks, didn't think of using the configurator as I have not used it in planning my loop.

Looks like the Zotac is a reference card and the XG7 will work.

Thanks again.

Excellent! I have the XG7 RX Reference for Radeons. It's working great, you'll like it.

PS - See if a store near you has one in stock like Microcenter, etc. If you order it direct from Corsair they might ship it from Taiwan and it takes over a week. I found out this the hard way 😕