Corsair Community

Hello! cant control 1 Fan.

GeneralPingvin

I have build my own pc now with maximus x111 Hero motherboard and corsair icue h150i elite capellix luiquid cooling and using Corsair iCUE 465X RGB .

i booted it up and it was so noicy.. and installed win 10 and the icue 4 software (the same software that i use on my mouse) and have 4 fans in there now.

but... the middle fan in the radiator is running FULL speed, but the 3 other i can control and stop and do anything with. 

and I have tryed to change port in the hub (that was in the water cooling pack) and it still runn like 2300 rpm all the time , the only way to let it not spinn is to take out the connector from the "hub"  tryed to delete the software and install it but nope...

any ideas?

greetings

Disconnect and then reconnect the offending fan.  This should be one of the PWM ports on the Commander Core.  Sometimes you don't get a good connection on one of the pins.

Try the offending fan on another PWM port # on the Commander Core.  If the fan is still stuck at 100% on a new header, there is probably a defect in the PWM or tach wires.  Contact Corsair Support to get a replacement.

Presumably you are using the fans that came with the H150i Elite.  The Commander Core is a PWM only controller, so if you connect a 3 pin DC fan it will run at 100% off the constant 12v all the time.

its hard to be wise on this thing... xD when i take the fan out of the commander core it turns off and i plug it into the motherboard it RPM is alot less xD

and just for fun i did try to take one of my other fan and plug it into the commander core (same port as i disconected the first fan that was on 2000 rpm) 

but the this fan did NOT increase its RPM xD

I think you are probably looking at a defect in the one fan. Contact Corsair Support to arrange a replacement. They might also have you force update Commander Core firmware to rule out controller error, but since another fan operated correctly on the same header I don’t think that is in play. 

Chances are if the PWM wire/pin is the damaged component, your MB thinks it's a DC fan and is lowering the voltage.  This accounts in the change in speed.  You did not mention whether or not you actually have control over the fan and if it responds to speed directions from the MB.  Either way, the intent is for the fan to be controlled through the Commander Core and if it's not responding, you need another.  You've demonstrated the control port does work with other fans.  The ML-Elite fans from the AIO are Corsair exclusive parts, so Support is the only place to get a like for like replacement.  Given the high probability you will need a replacement part, it seems logical to move this over to the Corsair Support side.  They may or may not have additional questions or things for you to try, but none of us can get you a new fan.