Corsair Community

Can I use Corsair Airguide fans and Corsair SP Series 140mm fans on the same Corsair Node Core

Hi,

I have a Corsair icue 4000x RGB case and it came with 3 x 120mm Corsair AirGuide fans in it along with a Lightning Node Core - can anyone please tell me if I can plug 2 x SP 140mm fans into it along with the 3 AirGuide fans as I’ve heard that certain fans don’t play nicely together.

Thanks in advance

Unless they are SP-Pro (8 LED) or SP-Elite (8 LED) the answer is no.  The original SP-RGB (4 LED) can't be mixed with any other fan type.  

Actually, I don't think that the original SP-RGB ever came in 140mm, only 120mm.

And @c-attack is right - if they are SP-PRO or SP-Elite (which it sounds like they should be), you'll be OK.

I can see why you referred to them in that way.  So did the vendor.  If you look at the last picture, you can see the box and it identifies it as "SP PRO".  So it is 8 center hub mounted LEDs just like the SP-Elite that comes with the case.  These are an LED match for each other and can be combined on the same RGB controller.  ML-Elite, SP-Elite, and SP-Pro all share the "8 LED" designation in CUE 4.  What's different is the motor.  SP PRO are DC 3 pin fans.  SP-Elite are 4 pin PWM.  That may not matter to you, but some controllers are PWM only.  Typically most motherboards will do both, but sometimes you do see CPU/OPT headers that are PWM only.  You will likely want a 2 way splitter for the DC fans so they can share a MB control header.  You won't be able to pair them with any other fan for speed control.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Thanks 1