Corsair Community

Assuming this happens often with regards to color variance in fan's LED's color/brightness

I had to replace a fan and ordered a new white ll120 "not sure why they have the higher cfm / pressure? I already had 2 and was adding the 3rd to match the other 2 on the 360 radiator. The one i was replacing was a little off on color. When i installed the new fan it is is much brighter and difference hue in color with the white/purple/blues. Brightness is also very different. Are the newer models all this bright or is it batch dependent? the picture doesn't really show it that well but the color difference is enough so that it appears you have it set to a totally different hue.

Yes all the fans are attached to the same controllers as is the same led controller

20210826_015336.thumb.jpg.130201f8c894ad7bee751edbd1dc88dc.jpg20210826_015310.thumb.jpg.ad02af33d6e4bfbf7fe9e3f32aa89b7b.jpg

Edited by LauraLaw

Did the other 2 LL120 white come from a standard fan pack or did they once belong to a Platinum SE AIO?

They should be all the same, but originally the white LL could only be obtained with the Platinum SE.  Retail packs came later on and most of these mismatches are between those. However, only 2 of yours can be from the AIO, so it can’t be just that. 

I would swap the odd fan’s RGB connector with another fan to rule out the controller, then contact Corsair Support. If there are batch versions that don’t match, it’s not public knowledge but you shouldn’t have to put up with the tonal imbalance. 

• Like 1

already tried the different plugs multiple ways lol. I did put in a service ticket, i mean honestly i would rather have all the same of the new style , it is much brighter but the colors are more pastel / water colored style lol but it just jumps out like it is a different brand all together

On a side note, the airflow and static pressure differences come from the maximum speed of the fan. The original black LL120 have a 1500 rpm max speed (really more like 1600-1700). That is plenty for use as a case fan, but when the white were introduced on the H100i Platinum they boosted the speed a bit more to 2200 rpm to scrape another 1-2C off the bench testing. Then when they decided to release them as retail models, they stuck with the existing motor rather than create a third spec. However, the blade and frame are identical so 1500 rpm on a white LL produces the same airflow/SP as 1500 on the black. The only time this might ever cause an issue is if you paired 1 white and 1 black on an AIO controller using PWM% as the control mechanism, but you could still correct by using different curves for the two fans. 

Edited by c-attack