Corsair Community

Scimitar and iCUE 4.x

Jante

On 8/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, Corsair Blade said:

It is not -- iCUE 4.x only. It was released after the final version of iCUE 3 came out. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Hi there,

Looking for some clarification. I have a corsair scimitar RGB that cannot be detected by iCUE 4.x. I have to use iCUE 3 to be able to edit any functions on the mouse. I just received the HS80 RGB WIRELESS Gaming headphones today and seeing that iCUE 3 will not detect them. Am I to run 2 different instances of 2 different versions of iCUE to get both of these products working as they should? Unsure if its oversight that my mouse isn't being detected by iCUE 4.x or if that behavior is expected, but if the solution is needing both versions of iCUE, that seems a little ridiculous.

Edited by Technobeard
split thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jante said:

Hi there,

Looking for some clarification. I have a corsair scimitar RGB that cannot be detected by iCUE 4.x. I have to use iCUE 3 to be able to edit any functions on the mouse. I just received these headphones today and seeing that iCUE 3 will not detect them. Am I to run 2 different instances of 2 different versions of iCUE to get both of these products working as they should? Unsure if its oversight that my mouse isn't being detected by iCUE 4.x or if that behavior is expected, but if the solution is needing both versions of iCUE, that seems a little ridiculous.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list

Scimitar PRO RGB, Scimitar RGB Elite are both supported by iCUE 4.x, whereas the plain Scimitar is not. I'd suggest contacting support at https://help.corsair.com for further assistance with your mouse.

1 hour ago, Technobeard said:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058142592-iCUE-4-compatibility-list

Scimitar PRO RGB, Scimitar RGB Elite are both supported by iCUE 4.x, whereas the plain Scimitar is not. I'd suggest contacting support at https://help.corsair.com for further assistance with your mouse.

Unfortunately I do not have the box laying around so I can't really confirm if I have the Pro RGB or a plain Scimitar. As far as I know it is a Scimitar RBG Pro (the color scheme is black and yellow and it has RGB lighting). I have already opened a support ticket if it is supposed to be supported, hopefully they can help. I did notice when I was searching about my problem, it looks like I am one of MANY users who have this exact same problem with this mouse not being detected in iCUE 4.x

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jante said:

Unfortunately I do not have the box laying around so I can't really confirm if I have the Pro RGB or a plain Scimitar. As far as I know it is a Scimitar RBG Pro (the color scheme is black and yellow and it has RGB lighting). I have already opened a support ticket if it is supposed to be supported, hopefully they can help. I did notice when I was searching about my problem, it looks like I am one of MANY users who have this exact same problem with this mouse not being detected in iCUE 4.x

There should be a part number either on the bottom of the mouse or on a tag on the cable. I'd suggest adding that to your ticket. CH-xxxxxx format.

21 hours ago, Technobeard said:

There should be a part number either on the bottom of the mouse or on a tag on the cable. I'd suggest adding that to your ticket. CH-xxxxxx format.

I found out what the issue is, which is unfortunate. It turns out I have the plain old scimitar which also supports RGB and misunderstood it to be the Pro RGB model. This isn't really an issue then, and more so just me finding out that my completely functional mouse which works fine and is detected by iCUE 3.x is now basically considered garbage if I want to be using this newer headset at the same time (with all its features). It's really a shame, because when you find a good mouse you like, you typically use it till it stops working, and don't get forced to stop using it due to lack of software support.

Edit:

That being said, I guess this thread can be closed, as it won't really be of help to anyone who might actually be having the issue stated in the title.

Edited by Jante

• Corsair Employees
On 8/27/2021 at 7:25 PM, Jante said:

I found out what the issue is, which is unfortunate. It turns out I have the plain old scimitar which also supports RGB and misunderstood it to be the Pro RGB model. This isn't really an issue then, and more so just me finding out that my completely functional mouse which works fine and is detected by iCUE 3.x is now basically considered garbage if I want to be using this newer headset at the same time (with all its features). It's really a shame, because when you find a good mouse you like, you typically use it till it stops working, and don't get forced to stop using it due to lack of software support.

Edit:

That being said, I guess this thread can be closed, as it won't really be of help to anyone who might actually be having the issue stated in the title.

I went ahead and had the support team expedite and look into this issue for you. Please keep an eye on the email linked to your Corsair account for more info / a response soon. 

Thank you.