Corsair Community

RX 5700 XT Liquid Devil + iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler ?

tony_be_good

Hello folks,

As the title reads, I am wondering if I could customize my current iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler which is cooling my CPU, to extend it and plug an RX 5700 XT Liquid Devil with https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-vector-radeon-rx-5700-xt-d-rgb-nickel-plexi already mounted on it ?

In short:

- can the iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler cool both my CPU and GPU ?

- is iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler compatible in any ways with RX 5700 XT Liquid Devil ?

Don't hesitate if you need more information or if I'm unclear.

Thanks in advance ! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Best,

The tubings can't be removed. they are crimped in place at the factory. you'd have to cut them and somehow fit quickconnects or fittings.

Also, an AIO pump is barely enough for a CPU block. It isn't even close to having enough flow and pressure to feed water to a GPU water block on top of that. the GPU would overheat immediately.

Finally, 240mm radiator is just too small to deal with the heat from a 5700 XT and a CPU. You'd need at least a 360, or more

Basically you'd need a more powerful pump, a bigger rad, and proper fittings and tubes... basically a custom loop ^^'

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above.  It just doesn't work.  Even if you could overcome all the physical problems, you just added 300W+ more into a cooling system that typically only handles 100W.  You would be really disappointed across the board.

GPUs are hard to come by.  If you have ended up with a water cooled only GPU, it's time to jump into the custom cooling segment.  You won't be disappointed and once you have this set up, you won't ever want to go back to air cooled GPUs.