Corsair Community

RTX 2080 running hot

HardcoreGames

A friend on Steam remarked that my video card was running at 82C. I responded by mentioning that the base clock was at max and the boost clock was active.

It seems that the Obsidian 75D airflow edition is easily able to allow my RTX 2080 to run hard when playing demanding games. I play at 3840x2160 which makes the RTIX 2080 really earn its paycheck,

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

82 - 83°, you're at the spot where the card starts to drop clocks. It's very likely bumping on the thermal limit and not boosting as high as it could. clearly overheating.

If you can get some more airflow you may nudge clocks a step or two higher.

I have 2 front fans and one rear, and there are 2 top fans with my H115i

I have watched framerate more than anything but MSI Afterburner does show the card is warm.

I see that iCue 4 sees the video card so you would think it would increase chassis fan speeds when the video card is being pushed hard

My RTX 2080 fans are running at 100% to cool the card.

Edited by HardcoreGames

if you use the hard drive cages, you basically have one fan and a half in front ^^'

what i would try for zero money is to remove all the PCI bracket covers. Your case may be in a somewhat negative pressure setup, so that could get fresh air straight into the GPU fans.

And as you mentionned, maybe set your case fan curve to respond to GPU temp. When air cooling, that's probably the best thing to do since it's the hottest component.

Create a custom fan curve on the Commander Pro. You can set the fans based on GPU temp. Or ... even better, use one of the temp sensors that comes with the CoPro and place it just above the GPU fans and base your case fans on that.