Corsair Community

Slipstream uses way too much internet for me

I have a problem with my Virtuoso Gaming Headset. If i use it wireless then my Donwload basically drops from 36 Mbps to 2 Mbps. Without the wireless connection, so wired via USB, Download is at its highest. In wireless-mode the Headset and the Slipstream-Dongle  lied next to each other.

I have already done Firmware-Update for Headset and Dongle in the ICUE Sofware (Vers: 3.38.61), but no success. I also searched in the internet but no success too.

I think theres something wrong becuause that's not normal.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Is it a wireless connection or wired? Is it via a USB adapter or built in?

That makes it sound like there might be some kind of interference happening, which would be odd. Is your WiFi connection 2.4Ghz? Can you switch to wired to see if it changes anything?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DevBiker said:

That makes it sound like there might be some kind of interference happening, which would be odd. Is your WiFi connection 2.4Ghz? Can you switch to wired to see if it changes anything?

Yes 2.4 Ghz. I have switched it to wired connection and now i have the same donwload like without the dongle. That would be perfect now but I dont have a LAN connection in my room. 

18 hours ago, DevBiker said:

wait, after I had been connected to LAN I switched back to normal setup (headset wireless via dongle, wifi) and now have any donwload drop, its the same like using the headset in wired. I don't know why its now good again. Regardless of this, I will get back to you if there are problems again.

Anyway I would like to thank you for your advice, have a nice day. 

19 hours ago, DevBiker said:

I have now found out that i It was due to the USB port, i dont know why because they are all the same. (3*USB 3.1 Typ A)

• 3 x USB 3.1 Typ A
  • 3 x USB 3.1 Typ A

Interesting. Is your WiFi connection USB also?