Corsair Community

Corsair One top fan won't go below 2000rpm, question about uninstalling iCUE

Nyr

On my brand new Corsair One Pro A200, as soon as I turned it on the fan was spinning really fast. After getting in windows I noticed it was at 2000rpm in icue even though the cpu and gpu temps were very low. I tried changing the performance setting from default to extreme or custom but nothing changed. I tried uninstalling iCUE from add and remove programs but that didn't change anything either. 

I read an article where you also have to delete stuff from hidden app data folders and the registry to do a clean reinstall of iCUE but I'm wondering if I just want to test whether iCUE is causing this issue would I need to do that?

The fact that the fans were at such a high speed the moment I first turned the system on after unboxing it, does that mean it's probably not iCUE? I don't know how iCUE could control the system before windows is even set up right?

In which case what else can I check? From my understanding the top fan is usually between 0 and 300 rpm at idle not 2000, so something is definitely up.

Thanks! 

Don't uninstall CUE.  If the fan(s) in question are connected to a Corsair controller, then you have just eliminated your only means of control.  If they are connected to MB headers, then CUE can't control them anyway and you have removed other functionality without cause.

Can you be more specific about what fan is running 2000 rpm?  Ultimately what to do here depends on where the fan is connected (Commander Pro/Core vs MB).  

Edited by c-attack

Thanks for responding!

The computer is the Corsair One Pro A200, which I believe is liquid cooled for the cpu and gpu. So the fan in question then is the fan that's on top of the system (it only has 1 fan which blows air out of the top). 

I'm not sure where it is connected in that case. Is there a way to find out without opening up the computer? I tried setting it to different settings in iCUE but the speed did not change or it didn't seem to do anything. Does that mean it isn't connected to something iCUE controls? Is it still possible for iCUE to show the fan speed even though it doesn't directly control the fan? 

Since the fan was spinning fast when I turned on the computer for the very first time, it seems unlikely it is controlled by iCUE right? 

And If so, what other ways would there be to control the fan then? Thanks! 

From the product page it appears they use side intake radiators for the GPU and CPU.  Those fans are likely configurable in CUE under the AIO tab.  The top appears to be exhaust case fans.  Look at your devices in CUE.  If you don't see a "Commander Pro", you probably don't have any way to control the top exhaust fans in CUE.  Ultimately it's how they wire things when they put it together, so its hard for any of us to say without having the exact model you do.  

I suspect the top fans are connected to the MB and running from a BIOS controlled fan curve.  However, no idea what motherboard is in there or what header it is connected to.  I would contact Corsair Support through the link in the top of this page.  They have a special section for Corsair One support.

40 minutes ago, c-attack said:

From the product page it appears they use side intake radiators for the GPU and CPU.  Those fans are likely configurable in CUE under the AIO tab.  The top appears to be exhaust case fans.  Look at your devices in CUE.  If you don't see a "Commander Pro", you probably don't have any way to control the top exhaust fans in CUE.  Ultimately it's how they wire things when they put it together, so its hard for any of us to say without having the exact model you do.  

I suspect the top fans are connected to the MB and running from a BIOS controlled fan curve.  However, no idea what motherboard is in there or what header it is connected to.  I would contact Corsair Support through the link in the top of this page.  They have a special section for Corsair One support.

Thanks, I got some feedback and it seems the fan is connected to the main CPU PUMP which connects to the USB 2.0 header on the motherboard. The motherboard is an asrock b550 phantom gaming-itx/ax model. Does that help to figure this out? 

The top exhaust fan is connected to CPU Pump?  Well, in normal form that would cause it to run at maximum all the time.  Those headers were designed for simple AIO units that get their pump power directly from the motherboard.  So perhaps the GPU AIO pump would connect there but you normally would not put a fan there.

Most motherboard have the ability to unlock the CPU Pump/AIO Pump/W_Pump type of header.  This is going to be deep in the BIOS, but I don't have any ASROCK MBs to help tell you exactly where.   If you can find it, then you can unlock the header and assign a normal fan profile to it.  You need to be careful and make sure this affects the top fan alone.  If you see pump speed drop on either AIO, then it may not have been in control of the top fan.