Corsair Community

Brand new Corsair One PRO A200 the top fan won't go below 2000 rpm

After unpacking the computer the Corsair One Pro A200 Compact Workstation PC, the top fan was noticeably loud right off the bat. I got through windows setup and opened iCue and noticed the fan was around 2000rpm, even though the cpu coolant temp was 35C and gpu coolant 30C. I restarted and this time the fan didn't come on right away but started up after about 30 seconds. On the graph it again went from 0 to 2000 rpm and then hovered around 2000 rpm. It usually showed a min and max range of 2000 to 2400 rpm when I let it run for 5 minutes and checked the 5min graph. The fan basically does not seem to slow down. 

I tried changing to extreme profile and custom (both at 0% and 100%) but neither of these seem to do anything. Again this is the top fan. I had a Corsair computer before and the fan on that worked fine and started off at 0 rpm and would usually go to around 300rpm max when idle. 

Any idea what might be the fix? Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for responding!

I did try to uninstall but I'm not sure if it was fully uninstalled. 

Do you have an up to date instructions for clean uninstall? The guide I found tells you to delete stuff from the registry, is that correct? I'm usually hesitant to mess with the registry since I don't know much about it. 

Also are you 100% sure the fans are controlled by iCUE? If that is the case, why would they have been on at 2000rpm when I first turned on the computer after unboxing it? Windows had not even been set up yet so how could iCUE be causing the fans to run so fast? 

3 hours ago, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Nyr,

Have you tried a clean installation of iCUE?  The fan is strictly controlled by iCUE so that might likely be your issue.

Quick update, I did a clean install of iCUE deleting the app data and registry stuff based on the instructions on your website. I also installed the latest version. Problem still persists and iCUE is unable to change the fan at all.

• Corsair Employees

Hey Nyr,

The guide to uninstall iCUE are as follows.  It does involve removing registry files.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.
  2. Open the Programs and Features options.
  3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
  5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
  6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
  8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
  11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
  12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  14. Restart your computer.
  15. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

The way the fans work in the Corsair One is that they're connected to the main CPU PUMP which connects to the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.  This is how the fan interacts with iCUE.  When iCUE isn't running, the fans will default to a pre-programmed hardware curve that's built into the CPU PUMP.  It essentially acts as the main controller for the fan.

58 minutes ago, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Nyr,

The guide to uninstall iCUE are as follows.  It does involve removing registry files.

9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.

The way the fans work in the Corsair One is that they're connected to the main CPU PUMP which connects to the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.  This is how the fan interacts with iCUE.  When iCUE isn't running, the fans will default to a pre-programmed hardware curve that's built into the CPU PUMP.  It essentially acts as the main controller for the fan.

This is the guide I followed. As I mentioned I did this and reinstalled a newer version of iCUE and still the fan is running at 2000rpm. I even deleted the registry stuff mentioned. None of these solutions have fixed the fan issue. Is there anything else to try? 

8 hours ago, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Nyr,

Just an update, I have now also reinstalled the chipset driver and updated the bios to the latest version from Corsair (from the computer model's product page). Issue still persists... any ideas what might be causing it? 

• Corsair Employees

Hey Nyr,

If we rule out software then the issue is either the fan or the main CPU pump since that's what communicating with iCUE.  See if support can try sending you a new fan.  If that doesn't work I would try to initiate a repair since it sounds like just swapping out the pump should take care of it.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Nyr,

If we rule out software then the issue is either the fan or the main CPU pump since that's what communicating with iCUE.  See if support can try sending you a new fan.  If that doesn't work I would try to initiate a repair since it sounds like just swapping out the pump should take care of it.

So you're saying it is a hardware issue? I have to say I'm a little disappointed... this is the third Corsair computer I have bought after returning 2 previously, both which came defective (one had a non functioning wireless card which after 3 to 4 days with tech support couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work all the time and the second had issues with lights). Now this third computer also came defective with a fan on max on a computer marketed as quiet... I don't understand how quality assurance would miss this since it was loud and easily noticeable the moment I turned it on for the first time... you have to understand it isn't really worth it for me to go through the repair process for a brand new computer I just bought,  I would rather just return it. So you're sure there's nothing that can be done except replacing hardware? 

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees

Hello Nyr,

This is out of the ordinary.  I would suggest talking to support and pushing for a repair rather than an RMA.  Since we're able to isolate the problem the repair depot will have a better idea what to replace.  Afterwards they'll test it and send it back out to you.

If you'd like to return it instead then you should reach out to support also.

13 minutes ago, Corsair Caliente said:

Hello Nyr,

This is out of the ordinary.  I would suggest talking to support and pushing for a repair rather than an RMA.  Since we're able to isolate the problem the repair depot will have a better idea what to replace.  Afterwards they'll test it and send it back out to you.

If you'd like to return it instead then you should reach out to support also.

Okay so you cannot think of anything else that could be worth trying before that? 

I was thinking of trying some of the following- 

- Updating the bios to the version on the asrock website for this motherboard instead of the Corsair version, although not sure if this would work 

- in the bios there is something connected to a slot called 'cpu fan 1', I was going to try changing its settings to check if that does anything. 

I'm just trying to exhaust all possible options because it's hard for me to believe three computers would just arrive defective like this, especially from a company like Corsair. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 4:41 PM, Corsair Caliente said:

Hey Nyr,

You won't be able to update the BIOs to anything outside of what we provide as the system uses a custom BIOs.

You can try changing CPU_FAN 1 but iirc this should be disabled to prevent fan signals from the motherboard disrupting the built in curve.

@Corsair Caliente I am running into the same issue - was there a resolution to this or update?