Corsair Community

Running a K95 Macro from Python ?

ReesesNE

I am working on automating a few tasks for my work and have been using macros to take care of some redundant tasks. Is it possible to execute the macro within Python?

I know I can do keyboard events in Python but I want to use what I already have configured.

Essentially I want to do keyboard.press('~') and have my K95 macro run. Right now it will just be '~' and nothing runs.

Any ideas how to accomplish this without me having to rewrite a ton of actions and programs ?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 8/23/2021 at 3:26 PM, ReesesNE said:

I am working on automating a few tasks for my work and have been using macros to take care of some redundant tasks. Is it possible to execute the macro within Python?

I know I can do keyboard events in Python but I want to use what I already have configured.

Essentially I want to do keyboard.press('~') and have my K95 macro run. Right now it will just be '~' and nothing runs.

Any ideas how to accomplish this without me having to rewrite a ton of actions and programs ?

Hey there. I'm sorry its been a while and no's ones chimed in on this topic! Not a lot of people tend to go this in depth with macros or know some of the nuances working with Python. I'm barely that fluent in it - I've only used Python working in some game development stuff and data analysis stuff (still learning a bit to write an action script to do a command like that). Essentially, if I'm understanding you, you want to program a line in Python to do something in/with the K95 macro but I believe this would require the use of iCUE to some extent (since you can do macro stuff + keyboard stuff in iCUE). Have you tried doing something in Python to connect to iCUE?