Corsair Community

Managing 9 QL120 fans, H150i Elite Capellix with only 1 USB 2.0 header on motherboard

Hello, first time post and first time building a PC.

I am building with the following parts, and it'll be clear shortly why I only have 1 USB 2.0 header:

- Asus Prime x570-Pro
- EVGA 3080ti FTW3
- Ryzen 7 5800
- 1000 W EVGA G5 PSU
- WD NVMe
- RP-Link AX3000E Wifi 6 / Bluetooth card (*needs 1 of the 2 USB 2.0 headers for bluetooth)
- Lian Li Dynamic 011 Dynamic

Now onto the Corsair components I want to install:

- H150i Capellix AIO (not using the included ML120 fans)
- 9x QL120 fans

I have the following Corsair hubs:

- Commander Core (comes with H150i)
- Commander Pro (bought separately)
- 3x Lighting Node Core (comes with each 3-pack of QL120)

So, the question is: how can I control all of these fans RGB and PWM using iCue with only 1 USB 2.0 header available?  I have seen a graphic (below) where the Commander Core is plugged into the Commander Pro, but have read that if it is configured this way, then the Commander Core does not appear in iCue properly).  I was then thinking I would need to plug both the Commander Pro and Commander Core into my mobo USB headers but I need one of those headers for the wireless card.

I would appreciate any guidance on the best way to configure this, and whether or not I need any PWM splitters (and if I do, what I should know about using them so that I do not have any issues with the hubs, etc).

Thank you in advance!

pcHrQPB.png

No USB connection, no communication between device and software.  Each devices needs it's own connection. 

You're going to need a SATA powered USB Hub and likely would have anyway with a X570 MB.  Piggy backing multiple devices into the 1 shared line for the Commander Pro often causes drop outs or frequent disconnect/reconnects.  The NZXT model is popular and inexpensive, but pretty much anything that has a separate power delivery will work.  You can't use a standard passive splitter or shared pathway like the Commander Pro.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

I see.  Assuming that I don't want to do that, and am OK with losing some control / capabilities, could using the fan header on my motherboard so the AIO fans don't appear in iCue mean that I can just use two Lighting Node Cores (one with 6 fans, one with 3) plugged into the Commander Pro, and then have the Commander Pro go into my motherboard?  That would mean 1 USB 2.0 port in use from the Commander Pro, with 9 fans RGB and the 6 non-AIO fans controlled through iCue.

What happens if I use the motherboard fan header for my AIO? Do they just run at full blast the whole time, or does the H150i have any control over it?

3 minutes ago, harrisried said:

can just use two Lighting Node Cores (one with 6 fans, one with 3) plugged into the Commander Pro

Not likely.  That's 3 devices trying to share a single USB pathway without enough power.  This is what causes the disconnects.  That's not a workable state with the lighting going on/off every few seconds and you would be forced to disconnect.  Without an individual USB connection for each device, you have zero control over whatever is connected.  That's RGB lighting and fan speed control.  The MB headers could be used for fan control, but that leaves you out in the cold on the fan lighting and obviously that doesn't work.  A typical powered USB hub is about $20 USD.  

• Like 1

I see, something like this? 

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-USB-Hub-AC-IUSBH-M3-4/dp/B08L8VJS3Z/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Powered+Usb+Hub+motherboard&qid=1629332068&sr=8-3

So I just need this to plug into the free USB 2.0 header on my motherboard, and voila, I get 4 USB 2.0 headers with no compromise? That would be awesome if that works.  My concern is that such a hub would cause the connected devices to not work properly.

I have started doing some research, and I'm seeing mixed reviews about these USB 2.0 expansion products when combined with corsair fans.  Maybe I'll just not connect the bluetooth capability of my wifi card.

Interestingly, on a different thread, this diagram was posted.  From what I can tell, it's a similar setup (two lighting node cores into commander pro):

6ips7BZh.png

Yes, that one will do the trick.  The irony here is your system is not going to work without it.  Unfortunately this is now a long term issue and affects most X570 (X470 with BIOS updates) and B450/550 boards.  However, with only 1 USB 2.0 port on deck you would have needed this no matter what.  

Aside from that, the original diagram is fine.  With the powered hub you will connect everything directly to the hub and no use the Commander Pro's passthrough ports, but the key fan to controller elements are all correct.  Be aware the ML-Elite fans on the radiator will act like a separate lighting group from the 6 QL on the Lighting Node Core.  This is also necessary since the ML/SP-Elite series have 8 center mounted LEDs and the QL the complex dual ring structure.  The lighting effects can't leap that much physical difference and you'll see you have a bundle of special choices for the QL that take advantage of their unique structure.  

Edited by c-attack

You could condense down to 2 USB 2.0 ports by eliminating the Lighting Node Core.  To do that, you need a RGB Lighting Hub to utilize the existing RGB channel port on the Commander Pro.  This combines your PWM speed control and RGB on the same controller.  1 USB for the Com-Pro.  1 for the Com-Core (which must always be connected).  RGB Lighting Hubs are go for $10 retail generally available on 3rd party seller sites.  They used to be hard to find, but should now be more readily available.  

I generally prefer the above approach and it is similar to what I do with my set-up.  The Lighting Node Core does not offer anything the Commander Pro does not in terms of lighting and it has more utility.  "Core" products only do fans.  However, that still means you have to sacrifice the BT connection or get the USB hub anyway.  

OK, so I made a few edits to that original diagram to reflect what is needed. I'm not going to be using the ML120s at all, but decided to splurge and get all QL120s.

So this setup will have 9 QL120s, use both the Commander Core and Commander Pro, and need 2 USB 2.0.  But it will mean that I will have all of the fans show up in iCue with total RGB control?

One final question, will I be able to control the ordering of the fans in iCue if I somehow mess this up (ideally the flow would follow the box in the bottom-left but if it's two separate connections on my motherboard, not sure I can actually control that).

image.thumb.png.0f066492bd7204e13e61a7c3bc252420.png

12 minutes ago, c-attack said:

You could condense down to 2 USB 2.0 ports by eliminating the Lighting Node Core.  To do that, you need a RGB Lighting Hub to utilize the existing RGB channel port on the Commander Pro.  This combines your PWM speed control and RGB on the same controller.  1 USB for the Com-Pro.  1 for the Com-Core (which must always be connected).  RGB Lighting Hubs are go for $10 retail generally available on 3rd party seller sites.  They used to be hard to find, but should now be more readily available.  

So my latest proposed diagram does this but uses a Lighting Node Core, which I already have, to control the RGB of the 6 fans.

The original diagram is somewhat dated. It works ... on a z270, z370 board. The CoPro USB doesn't work well on the AMD chipset; the external USB hub will resolve that issue. I'm not sure what reviews you are seeing but the NZXT hub is very widely used by a lot of folks. That is what you should use. Connect the hub to the motherboard, then the Corsair devices to the hub.

Also, the Lighting Node Core and the RGB Fan LED Hub are different. You have your LNC labeled as both.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your help, starting to understand more that USB 2.0 headers are pretty essential. Likely I will get the NZXT USB hub, but for my initial build, just skip plugging in the bluetooth.

Now, I was doing some reading in the reference material and found this diagram. Ignoring the fan #4 plugged into the RGB Fan LED Hub, I think it's the setup that I am aiming for in my case:4FwtdFi.png

Sorry if I'm slow for asking this but:

- Can I use the included Lighting Node Cores in the QL120 fans (I'm using 9 QL120 fans) instead of the RGB Fan LED Hub, and plug it into the Commander Pro USB slot instead of the Commander Pro LED 1 position as shown above?
- I have read that the H150i Elite Cappelix White has dynamic fan speed control and can even disable the fans entirely (zero RPM mode) if the PC is at idle temperatures.  Which setup is necessary to have this functionality?
- I think I know the answer to this but... I would like to use the sequential lighting effects for all 9 of my fans. I think I saw on another thread that this is not possible in iCue automatically, but would require creating and syncing a custom profile across the fans.  Could be a fun project but before digging my teeth into that--is it true? 🙂

5 hours ago, harrisried said:

.. I would like to use the sequential lighting effects for all 9 of my fans. I think I saw on another thread that this is not possible in iCue automatically, but would require creating and syncing a custom profile across the fans.

Unfortunately this is true. There is a special section of lighting effects called “lighting link” that applies a global effect to everything in the system (static blue, rainbow wave, etc.). However, there are only two moving effects, visor and color wave. These potentially can run from fan 1-9, but it requires careful physical setup and there is a hidden device hierarchy. It gets really tricky if you have two of the same type of controller. I do like color wave but you won’t be interested in either of those anyway. All the unique QL fan effects will have your attention and devices like keyboards, mice, and linear strips can’t do the special ring effects.

This means when setting up you are going to need to break the fans into 2 groups for controller purposes. In an O11 this is always going to be 6 + 3. My suggestion is you put the sidewall fans as the group of 3. I find it more natural to use that group to compliment motherboard, cpu/pump, gpu lighting in the center while the very prominent top/bottom fans become the focal point. You may also find 1-9 sequential effects become less interesting fairly quickly. I most often break my group of 6 into top bottom (in the software, not physically) so that I have 3x3 and 3 instances of the same effect running on the three banks of QL fans. 

You can use the Lighting Node Core instead of a RGB lighting hub + Commander Pro. It will cost you an extra USB port and will create one more device on the main page. Speed and RGB will be managed in separate places. I am not sure about piggy backing through the Commander Pro and then through the powered hub. In theory it should work, but a direct connection to the hub would be better. 

Fan speed is set in the performance tab of both Commanders. You can (and should) make your own fan curves. The presets are based on a standard room temperature and most people can’t maintain that for half the year. You theoretically can turn off the radiator fans, but I recommend you set the minimum instead. There is a substantial difference between 0 rpm and 400-600 in terms of idle heat build up and depending on your location it may deprive MB components of any cooling as well. 600 rpm on a QL fan is not audible. Turning 3-9 of them on/off probably creates more of a distraction and as I often warn people, if you eliminate the diffuse wide spectrum fan noise, you will be left with the sounds underneath that layer. Pumps and drives tend to be less pleasing. 

5 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately this is true. There is a special section of lighting effects called “lighting link” that applies a global effect to everything in the system (static blue, rainbow wave, etc.). However, there are only two moving effects, visor and color wave. These potentially can run from fan 1-9, but it requires careful physical setup and there is a hidden device hierarchy. It gets really tricky if you have two of the same type of controller. I do like color wave but you won’t be interested in either of those anyway. All the unique QL fan effects will have your attention and devices like keyboards, mice, and linear strips can’t do the special ring effects.

I see, so the "lighting link" will do global effects, but for the most part, that will be pretty basic stuff (considering I have the QL120s).  I'm sure I'll find some use there, but it wouldn't work for "pong" or any of the complicated sequential effects.

This means when setting up you are going to need to break the fans into 2 groups for controller purposes. In an O11 this is always going to be 6 + 3. My suggestion is you put the sidewall fans as the group of 3. I find it more natural to use that group to compliment motherboard, cpu/pump, gpu lighting in the center while the very prominent top/bottom fans become the focal point. You may also find 1-9 sequential effects become less interesting fairly quickly. I most often break my group of 6 into top bottom (in the software, not physically) so that I have 3x3 and 3 instances of the same effect running on the three banks of QL fans.

So, the advantage to breaking out the middle three into one of the controllers is that it will have it's own selection area in iCue, rather than controlling them as a grouping within a controller.  Makes sense, and this lighting arrangement does seem reasonable.  For the sequential effects, no matter what the grouping on the controllers (3, 6 in any of the 3 orientations) I can achieve the "3x3" you describe by splitting the 6 in half and then have 3 instances that can all run the same effect (pong, for instance).  Is that correct? That could look pretty cool :).

You can use the Lighting Node Core instead of a RGB lighting hub + Commander Pro. It will cost you an extra USB port and will create one more device on the main page. Speed and RGB will be managed in separate places. I am not sure about piggy backing through the Commander Pro and then through the powered hub. In theory it should work, but a direct connection to the hub would be better. 

Ah, so, using a LNC (either by plugging it into the USB 2.0 hub or the CoPro USB slot) will make it appear as a separate device in iCue, and I will then have a separate place to control fan speeds and RGB.  If I get an RGB Lighting Hub, then this is not the case, it will be a part of the CoPro menu.  That's worth buying an RGB Lighting Hub, then.  But I think it means I won't be using any of the Lighting Node Cores that come with the QL120 fans, which seems strange to me.

So, I think I am good on the fan configuration. Thank you for your help to get this far 🙂.

Final questions, I promise! In the future, I may want to add RGB in the form of light strips. I think most likely, I would want a simple strip that can run along the back of my desk or inside the machine, and it would be a standard RGB. If I use the header on my motherboard to control the 12V RGB, I can then use Armory Crate to get it to appear in iCue and it should appear as my ASUS motherboard, right?  Will global effects then pass along to this strip?

Finally, if I wanted to add ARGB to the setup in the diagram above, could this be achieved by using the unused LED hub on the Commander Pro? I think I a have read somewhere that if you have too many QL120 fans connected to an RGB Fan LED Hub, then it disables the other LED header on the Commander Pro.  If I cannot use this connection, what would be the best way to add ARGB to this setup? I found this diagram (at this point, I will need the USB 2.0 hub anyway 🙂):
DMTtui6h.png

18 hours ago, harrisried said:

I see, so the "lighting link" will do global effects, but for the most part, that will be pretty basic stuff (considering I have the QL120s).  I'm sure I'll find some use there, but it wouldn't work for "pong" or any of the complicated sequential effects.

Correct and specifically for the 3x3 arrangement in the O11, it is really easy to quickly set up 3 instances of infinity, gate, ping, pong, or whatever that will give the same appearance of moving around the case.  They will auto-sync if you swap to another profile and back to reset the timing clock.  That's not so easy with an asymmetrical fan arrangement like you find in most cases.  

Here is another thread where the Lighting Link device order is spelled out.  Note the LNCore and LNPro devices fire before Commander Pro or Core.  So if you use either LNC or LNP, those 3/6 fans will go before the 3 on Commander Core (radiator).  So now we are getting into cross-wiring RGB fans to one controller and PWM to another, while doing the opposite for another set of 3, all to make color wave run 1-9.  It's tricky business with a cost when you have high fan counts.  I used to go to great length to make this work in an asymmetrical case, pairing 2 fans to act as one to balance numbers.  I just don't see the reason to do this in the O11.  3 independent color waves (or even just 2) looks pretty much like a 1-9.  It's more fun to do 3x3 with the other effects.  

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/170742-sequencing-rgb-effects/?tab=comments#comment-990648

All independent physical devices will show up in CUE as a separate entry in the device page.  The one exception is the RGB Lighting Hub that supplies 5v current for fans on the Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro.  On Core devices, that 'RGB Hub' is incorporated into the body of the lighting controller making it one smaller piece than the two separates.  Of course, no free lunch so the tradeoff is you only get 1 channel and all Core devices are for fans only.  That brings up around to the LNP vs Commander Pro decision.  You are correct and with 4+ QL fans on 1 channel of a LNP, the other lighting channel is disabled.  It is an older controller from back when 12 LEDs was the high count.  Now it's 34 per fan.  This makes the decision as to whether to use the Commander Pro + RGB Hub vs Lighting Node Core or LNP a bit more meaningful.  This is likely better decided now.  Lighting effects are saved to profiles with device specific identifiers.  I have a LNC with 6 QL and add another LNC so I can add 3 more, it doesn't duplicate the first.  It treats it as a new controller (LNC #2).  However, this also means lighting effects are saved this way too so your controllers do not have to be duplicates.  If you create a bunch of profiles on the LNC or LNP, then 6 months down the line realize you need the 2nd lighting channel for strips and swap in a Commander Pro, all of your fans on the Commander Pro will be blank.  The lighting effects will not transfer from the old device different to the new.  Whether this is of consequence depends on how you use it. Some people just write over the top of one profile with whatever lighting effect strikes their fancy on that day.  I create dozens of different themed effects and use them throughout the year.  Adding a new controller means re-programming each one.

I think you are going to want 5v D-RGB strips.  It's kind of hard to go back 12v after having so many control over digital.  There are also a couple of external Corsair products like the LS100 (big frosted external strips) and LT100 (towers with strips for ambient lighting) that have their own controller/power and would not fall into the trap above.  Corsair internal strips are 5v and connect to either a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.  If you do go the 12v route and connect them to the MB, the Asus plugin brings lighting control over that into CUE.  It requires you have Armory Crate installed and CUE is accessing them through the AC program.  There are no miracles here and you can't make limited MB LEDs do overly elaborate things.  

Edited by c-attack
Usual typographical errors
  • Like 1

OK, so I have updated my diagram to reflect what I *think* you've proposed for the top/bottom arrangement.  It achieves the following:

- H150i fans into CoCore in position (4,5,6) on top (exhaust)
- H150i water header into CPU_Fan on motherboard
- H150i pump control into CoCore
- 3 fans into CoCore in position (1,2,3) on bottom (intake)
- 3 fans into CoPro in position (1,2,3) on side (intake)
- Use of RGB Fan LED Hub into CoPro to get Side Fans to have PWM and RGB in the same device in iCue
- Optionally, can use Lighting Node Pro into CoPro USBs in the future to control RGB strips
- Arrangement of fans such that I can do 3x3 effects (such as pong) where the sequences all move in the same direction at once

Please let me know if I have overlooked anything in this design and if I need to swap any connections.

image.thumb.png.000903743c636064f42941796e99a299.png

Finally, one thing I am not sure I understood is if the Lighting Link order matters for this setup.  You mentioned being able to do color wave in 1-9. As far as I can tell, I could achieve this if I had the correct timings such as:
- Bottom Fans
   - 1-3, blank, blank
- Side Fans
   - blank, 1-3, blank
- Top Fans
   - blank, blank, 4-6

Why does the "order" of the components matter?

If you add 5v strips later, you will be able to connect them directly to the unused Commander Pro RGB channel #2.  You won't need the Lighting Node Pro at all and strips don't need a RGB lighting hub.  This is the prime reason for using the Commander Pro vs the Lighting Node Pro/Core in the initial set-up.  

Device order matters for those that want their lighting link effects that move (Visor and Color wave) to run a specific path through the case.  I don't think you should worry about this and it makes more sense to arrange the fans in relation to their necessary controller (radiator fans need to be on Commander Core) and then their location in the case.  So in your diagram above, a person who wants the visor pulse to travel from the bottom rear fan, to the side wall, up to the top, and back to the top rear would need to put the bottom fans 1-2-3 on the Commander Pro, then either a) side wall fans 4-5-6 on C-Pro or 1-2-3 on Com Core, then remaining top fans 1-2-3 on Com Core or 4-5-6 depending on the previous decision.  All of that so you can run visor back and forth around the case.  In your particular instance, it might not be such an issue but for some people this means swapping in/out different controllers in order to achieve this one effect.  You have to really, really want to run the visor pattern 1 <-> 9 and specifically for the O11 it interferes with the more natural top/bottom row as a lighting group presentation.  

Preset effects cannot be altered or their timing adjusted beyond slow/medium/fast (and those are relative to each effect).  So if you want to manually program a custom moving effect (wave, ripple, etc.), then it would look something like what you wrote with a given set programmed with a "pause" (no effect) for a specific length of time until the previous effect finishes.  It's mostly a math problem with a "16 LED fan" moving at 8 LED/sec and a tail of 48 LEDs, needing 12 seconds to complete it's pattern or properly an 8 second delay to maintain the 3 fan tail as it transitions from one controller to the next.  It can be done, does require some thought, planning, and experimentation to get the timing down.  However, there are a lot of complaints in these forums that it's too much work to open the CUE app and click one item to change a profile, setting, or other operational state.  That is not someone who is going to be doing math calculations to set up their lighting patterns.  Even if you are interested and compelled, it is not something you want to jump into on the first day.  It takes some time to figure out the programming rules and behaviors.  This is one of several reasons why I advocate for using the 3x3 programming in the O11.  It will allow you to use presets to simulate full case movement and the timing will take care of itself.  So for color wave that is really just a series of random primary RGB value color waves, you use the 3x3 and not the lighting link.  There will be a color wave on every fan simultaneously.  With 6 possible colors and 9 fans, the concept of sequential 1-9 order doesn't really matter unless you are dying to watch Cyan ring #2 pass through the 9 fans among all the other color rings.  Visor is the only effect where the sequence matters and it's a rather frantic effect.  Someone with QL fans is likely to enjoy all the special ring effects quite a bit more.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

If you add 5v strips later, you will be able to connect them directly to the unused Commander Pro RGB channel #2.  You won't need the Lighting Node Pro at all and strips don't need a RGB lighting hub.

Great, so by using the CoPro, I am able to add 5V ARGB using Corsair and iCue right away if I want in the future. Good to know.

Device order matters for those that want their lighting link effects that move (Visor and Color wave) to run a specific path through the case.

Gotcha, I just looked up Visor and Color Wave and to be honest, I don't see much of the point.  Upon further reflection, I don't think it will look that good in the Dynamic 011.

Preset effects cannot be altered or their timing adjusted beyond slow/medium/fast (and those are relative to each effect)...However, there are a lot of complaints in these forums that it's too much work to open the CUE app and click one item to change a profile, setting, or other operational state.

Too bad that the preset effects can't be altered that way, but I think I read somewhere that you can find the underlying text files for effects / profiles and then modify them.  While I'm inspired, I was thinking I might try to write some python to build the necessary scripts for the effects I need.  Certainly, I'm not expecting iCue to do it for me now (though it would be lovely if they did implement an abstraction layer above the physical controllers).  Perhaps, someday! 🙂 

The only change I am thinking about now in my diagram above is to have the Fan PWM for the Bottom 1, 2, 3 go into the CoPro instead.  This way, my intake fans (bottom and side) are all controlled from CoPro, and my exhaust fan (also AIO) is in CoCore only.  I would keep the RGB setup as it is. What are your thoughts on that (hopefully final) arrangement?

2 hours ago, harrisried said:

The only change I am thinking about now in my diagram above is to have the Fan PWM for the Bottom 1, 2, 3 go into the CoPro instead.  This way, my intake fans (bottom and side) are all controlled from CoPro, and my exhaust fan (also AIO) is in CoCore only.  I would keep the RGB setup as it is. What are your thoughts on that (hopefully final) arrangement?

Other than the radiator fans that need to be connected to Commander Core to maintain their programming when CUE is not running, you can arrange the other PWM connectors in any way you like.  Each PWM header is individually programmable and has no connection to the RGB wire or where you connect that.  However, since the both Commanders device pages will have RGB and PWM settings, it may make sense to put the PWM connector on the same controller as the RGB to make it easier to keep track of where things are, but that's not a requirement.  

Regarding radiator placement, the ideal position for a 360mm AIO in the O11 will be side wall intake for most people with an air cooled GPU.  If you place it in the top, you will be funneling both MB hardware and GPU waste heat through the CPU cooling path.  With large GPU loads, this can heat the coolant up well beyond what it would be with the CPU load alone.  I can be as much as a 5-10C penalty to the CPU.  Bottom mount as intake is problematic as it makes the pump and CPU block the high point in the system and you don't want air trapped in the CPU block.  That leaves the side mount position.  You can run this as side exhaust too, but in my testing the small side glass poses some measure of restriction to cooling efficiency.  It may also still pull GPU waste heat its way, particularly with large GPUs that extend into its zone.  However, this would still be better than top mount exhaust by several degrees. 

Side mount intake is the best choice for most people using 9 fans.  You still have a strong intake flow from the bottom and can run the side fans with only their CPU/coolant duties in mind.  It is not a critical part of the airflow, like when you front mount it in a standard case.  This pushes GPU waste heat away from the radiator, you have plenty of free active exhaust above with the 3x120, and with 6 fans intake vs 3 exhaust you will be able to push excess GPU heat out the back venting without needing an active rear slot fan.  The only time where this might not work is if you have to push the back panel side of the case against a wall or in a cabinet where the intake air for the radiator is going to be as warm or warmer than the air in the case.  The other thing is since you are going all QL, you don't have to worry about the "pretty vs the ugly" side of the fan.  The back of QL looks just as good as the front.  In fact, I like it better.

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

Interesting, I have curious if you’ve seen the testing video here: 

..and the resulting temps achieved It would indicate top AIO exhaust is best, with side being a close second:

C363613C-55A6-41CF-BB9D-864613DFDBB6.thumb.jpeg.3ce36aa5acbd642b05c53c480553cd97.jpeg

As for the PWM placement, I see how it doesn’t make much of a difference, just a preference.

Oh! So the radiator in the H150i has its own fans and monitoring, all of the QL120 fans are the same in the eyes of iCue—it’s up to me to “know” which are associated with the AIO. Gotcha. I thought for some reason the fans connected to CoCore are “special” in that they have some kind of linkage to the AIO readings.